• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot jailed for Sicily air crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Criminalization is a bad trend... and it has happened in the USA. What is even more concerning than post #10 is the post of supposed fellow pilots who are quick to "send him to prison" just based on the news article. Some professionalism we've have....

After pilots listened to CVR clip, cooler heads prevailed...

Last edited:
This is just a question (Not an attack on the crew) but is there any way to extend the flaps on the ATR72 on battery power. I would think there would be an electric hydraulic pump or something.

I dont think this is fair! this should worry us all!

besides theres this prejudice that because hes from Tunez he was praying to "his God" which is not ours, so therefore hes a freak,but iif it was an occidental pilot praying to the Christian God then it would be different

I am a US citizen who was raised in Italy and I can tell you that you have to have some pretty big balls and small brain to get on the stump regarding other countries' judicial process, seeing what goes on here. I truly doubt that the 3 minutes on youtube tell the whole story. From what i've read, the prayers in question happened before they started the checklists.

Also, the verdict sentenced the mx side as well, and the company, so the pilots are hardly the only culprits.

Finally, if there is one thing Italy is good at is taking forever to take a case through all its appeals, so I wouldn't be surprised if all parties have died by natural causes by the time this whole thing runs its course.

Also, by the way. Praise to be to the Sullster, but why is it ok for the concept of malpractice or criminal negligence to apply to doctors, for, say, fogetting their rolex in somebody's gut, but not to us?

They should lock up the Comair FO from the Lexington crash in 2006.

Careful what you say, you could be next...

Latest resources

Back