Pilot furloughs at Atlas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cr7driver

Been hearing rumours that Atlas (5Y) will start pilot furloughs effective 01 Jan 09. Maybe 48 pilots out on the street. Anyone have any info to support this.
The company is being really hush hush about the whole thing.

Company is hush hush, but I think they need to give 30 days notice or there is some kind of small financial penalty. I haven't heard of any letters being received by pilots yet. Some FEs got letters Dec 1/2 effective Dec 31st. Bummer....

Didn't Jeff Carlson just get hired there in some sort of mgmt position? If that's the case... he's still got the taste of blood on his fangs from all the furloughs here at Spirit. I'm clearly shooting from the hip here but I think someone should put that guy down. He's part of the clan that notoriously said to local media that there would be NO furloughs. Nine days or so later he submits notice of WARN letters to ALPA at 540 pm to on a Friday. Snakes...

Looks like they finally came out with a number on furloughs. 80 pilots and 14 FE's. No time line as to if it will be at one time or in stages. Seem to be parking most of the -200's due weak demand in their excuse.

Looks like they finally came out with a number on furloughs. 80 pilots and 14 FE's. No time line as to if it will be at one time or in stages. Seem to be parking most of the -200's due weak demand in their excuse.

Take a look around. If an excuse was ever valid, this might be the time!
Best wishes to all those affected.

Time to leave it all in the Messiah's hands...haahaa! He'll fix it right up.
I'll be part of the 80, but as you said - no timeline yet.

Well, I will be part of the 80 as well. Time to start adding up the logbook and getting the suit out of the plastic case.
Good luck to all!

Wasn't trying to grind salt into the wounds. Just passing along the info during the change over between ALPA and Teamsters.

Info may be limited to company info during this time. That info is always subject to their interpretation.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back