• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Pilot furloughs at Atlas?

cr7driver

Total Time
Been hearing rumours that Atlas (5Y) will start pilot furloughs effective 01 Jan 09. Maybe 48 pilots out on the street. Anyone have any info to support this.
The company is being really hush hush about the whole thing.

User Name

Total Time
Some
Company is hush hush, but I think they need to give 30 days notice or there is some kind of small financial penalty. I haven't heard of any letters being received by pilots yet. Some FEs got letters Dec 1/2 effective Dec 31st. Bummer....

600rvr

Total Time
Didn't Jeff Carlson just get hired there in some sort of mgmt position? If that's the case... he's still got the taste of blood on his fangs from all the furloughs here at Spirit. I'm clearly shooting from the hip here but I think someone should put that guy down. He's part of the clan that notoriously said to local media that there would be NO furloughs. Nine days or so later he submits notice of WARN letters to ALPA at 540 pm to on a Friday. Snakes...

cfire

Total Time
13K+
Looks like they finally came out with a number on furloughs. 80 pilots and 14 FE's. No time line as to if it will be at one time or in stages. Seem to be parking most of the -200's due weak demand in their excuse.

hkgorbust

Total Time
Looks like they finally came out with a number on furloughs. 80 pilots and 14 FE's. No time line as to if it will be at one time or in stages. Seem to be parking most of the -200's due weak demand in their excuse.

Take a look around. If an excuse was ever valid, this might be the time!
Best wishes to all those affected.

User Name

Total Time
Some
Time to leave it all in the Messiah's hands...haahaa! He'll fix it right up.
I'll be part of the 80, but as you said - no timeline yet.

cr7driver

Total Time
Well, I will be part of the 80 as well. Time to start adding up the logbook and getting the suit out of the plastic case.
Good luck to all!

cfire

Total Time
13K+
Wasn't trying to grind salt into the wounds. Just passing along the info during the change over between ALPA and Teamsters.

Info may be limited to company info during this time. That info is always subject to their interpretation.

Last edited: