Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

STREAKS

Skin and Steel
I realize the risk of starting yet another sarcasm thread, but, what are the top pilot factories out there these days? Got a guy who wants to fly for a living--could not talk him out of it. He'll get his!

Anywho, any info would be great. Cheapest with regional hookups preferred.

Thanks

I had a terrible experience with All ATP's when I did their ATP course. Wouldn't recommend it. Also, they pay their CFI's $9600/yr for working six days a week, 12 hr days.

No MEI there has more than 400 hrs TT because that's when they get hired by the regionals. If my experience was typical, I feel sorry for whoever is babysitting those guys in a jet. They were able to scare me plenty in a light twin. Flying was ok, but maturity and decision making skills were nonexistent. We had electrical failure in a PA44, VFR night, and my MEI (PIC) had not the first clue how to get down without his Garmin. No charts to be found on the airplane or with him. Might be a cheaper school than some others but you get what you pay for sometimes.

Don't know the cost but UND and Flight Safety are good ones. Delta Connection Academy is mismanaged and overpriced but has excellent training.

Last edited:
I had a terrible experience with All ATP's when I did their ATP course. Wouldn't recommend it. Also, they pay their CFI's $9600/yr for working six days a week, 12 hr days.

No MEI there has more than 400 hrs TT because that's when they get hired by the regionals. If my experience was typical, I feel sorry for whoever is babysitting those guys in a jet. They were able to scare me plenty in a light twin. Flying was ok, but maturity and decision making skills were nonexistent. We had electrical failure in a PA44, VFR night, and my MEI (PIC) had not the first clue how to get down without his Garmin. No charts to be found on the airplane or with him. Might be a cheaper school than some others but you get what you pay for sometimes.

Don't know the cost but UND and Flight Safety are good ones. Delta Connection Academy is mismanaged and overpriced but has excellent training.

Hey man..lay off the ATP guys...i think you just had a bad experience with them. but I agree that it is not acceptable to not have the supplies for flight and etc. But not all the CFIs are bad ones. But i agree with the other post..ATP is the way to go. Im glad I went with them.

No wonder pilots have zero skills anymore.

You've got a better chance of parting the seas then go from Inst-MEI in 90 days. No way is somebody going to go through ground/flying in 90 unless they're being helped along the way with "understanding" CFI/examiners.

Hey man..lay off the ATP guys...i think you just had a bad experience with them. but I agree that it is not acceptable to not have the supplies for flight and etc. But not all the CFIs are bad ones. But i agree with the other post..ATP is the way to go. Im glad I went with them.

I don't get it. You give a guy/gal a hard time because they are critical of All ATPs, yet your only support is that you agree with other posters and that you are glad you chose All ATPs.

Why should 172Driver lay off the ATP guys/gals? He/she had a bad experience with them, and stated the reason why. You on the other hand just blindly agree with other posters. You also just think that 172Driver had a bad experience with All ATPs. Well, he/she did! 172Driver is just trying to relay their experience, and you jump his/her ship on it. Why?

If you were to have a bad experience on ExpressJet/Mesaba/Pinnacle/Chautauqua/Eagle/TransState/Mesa/Comair/ASA/SkyWest would you be the first to post about what a crappy airline it is? Or would you just say, "lay off THOSE guys."? Would you say, "Hey man, lay off those Mesa guys!" if you had a good experience on Mesa? I don't see you standing up for anybody other than yourself and All ATPs, and for no other reason than to just hear yourself talk.

What made your experience with All ATPs so good? Maybe you would like to share the experience you had with that school so everybody/anybody on this board can form their own decision. Or do you just want to give another poster crap because you can?

BTW where are you a chief pilot?

SD

You've got a better chance of parting the seas then go from Inst-MEI in 90 days. No way is somebody going to go through ground/flying in 90 unless they're being helped along the way with "understanding" CFI/examiners.

yea its from your ppl- CFII-MEI. And 90-days is whats laid out in the training syllabus. but no one does it in exactly 90 days...more like 100-130 days..

They've been doing it for YEARS. So yes, it can be done. And they do the same program across the country, so I doubt its one soft examiner as you elude to. The place is run by pilots, so you know they watch cost.

Latest resources

Back