Pilot Facing Felony Charges After Allegedly Waiving Gun

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
" Guns don't kill people. I kill people." - Author Unknown

But it was on Richard Kiel's t-shirt in Happy Gilmore. I'd believe it, anyway...

Maybe the complainant should have just gone ahead and rear-ended the gun-"waiving" maniac. Bet she'll think twice about using her "breaks" again. C'mon - give the guy a "brake". Besides, disguising yourselves as bushes won't do any good. Pray for a quick ending!:rolleyes:

I have experience with that reporter for channel 9. He is an idiot. Also since Jetblue doesn't fly to Oklahoma nobody who lives here will remember the story an hour after hearing about it. Now if a Sooners football player was involved well it would be front page news...

But, the article said he was " based in Oklahoma..."

Everybody knows that Jet Blue has a secret base there and operates dark Blue Airplanes at night along with the Black Helicopters on Government missions.

That's why they don't have to pay for their aircraft.

I know. I read it in the Newspaper AND on the Internet.

YKMKR

Common Tactic

This is a common tactic among people with certain political leanings.

This actually happened to me several years' back. In Marin County California, I had a bumper sticker that said "from my dead cold fingers", etc.

Had an incident on the road where the finger gesture was given back and forth. Several minutes later I was pulled over by several cops and the vehicle was searched. Said that someone called in that I pointed a weapon at them. I did not have a weapon in the car or out of the gun safe at home--just the bumper sticker.

A couple of years later, when all was thought to be forgotten, I called the cops on the same people saying they brandished a weapon at me. They, being very devout tree-huggers, had no weapons, but when searching the vehicle, the cops found drugs. They were cited and convicted of misdemeanor drug possession----justice is sweet:p Please, no lectures as to whether this was "right" of me to do or not --- it was NOT right. But I wanted revenge, and I did it---

Bottom Line--- it's a common tactic to call the cops and say that a known gun owner is brandishing the weapon. Many times it's totally BS. Not saying that is what happened in this case, or that I know anything about this case---but it's just to say, that don't convict someone or believe "outright" initial media reports.

Last edited:
The article states that she thought Inman had a handgun in his hand. (My girfrield, ah, uh, noticed what looked like a pistol in his hand). They're not sure what they saw...either the boyfriend or girlfriend. Nowhere does it state she saw him brandish the firearm, threaten with the firearm, or even engage in "road range." It doesn't describe words being exchaned, any threats, or anything more than Inman applying his brakes. The woman claims that Inman almost hit her, but that she had to apply her brakes to keep from "rear ending" him.

Then after "fearing for her life," she elected to follow him to the supermarket.

So many inconsistencies, so much BS. Nothing to see here.

If avbug was faced with a similar situation he would not have been able to follow the suspect or call the police do to the fact that he would need to go clean himself up. Seems pretty unlikely they just decided to call the police on a guy who had multiple loaded firearms in his possession with out having proof of this. I firmly believe it happened the way they said how many people just take a stab in the dark and call the police on someone for brandishing a firearm unless they have.
I see no inconsistencies. I would also follow someone if they waived a gun at me and call the police, it is very likely that if he is waiving the gun at you that he is also to afraid to use it even if he had to. The guy who is not waiving the gun is the one who is likely to shoot you.

I didn't misquote you. I didn't quote you at all. I didn't even paraphrase you. I summarized you. You understand the difference, do you?

A lot you know. Giraffes, and rhino's, too. Most of them are disguised as armadillos.

"Summarized." Isn't that what the media are so good at?

If avbug was faced with a similar situation he would not have been able to follow the suspect or call the police do to the fact that he would need to go clean himself up. Seems pretty unlikely they just decided to call the police on a guy who had multiple loaded firearms in his possession with out having proof of this. I firmly believe it happened the way they said how many people just take a stab in the dark and call the police on someone for brandishing a firearm unless they have.
I see no inconsistencies. I would also follow someone if they waived a gun at me and call the police, it is very likely that if he is waiving the gun at you that he is also to afraid to use it even if he had to. The guy who is not waiving the gun is the one who is likely to shoot you.

Thats some pretty screwed up logic.. Really no different than the jetblue pilot that allowed a kid in the cockpit and then the parents said that he sexually abused their child and filed a lawsuit. the pilot was removed from the plane in handcuffs. A security camera outside that could see inside the cockpit later confirmed the guy didnt do anything of the sort.

How many people out there automatically assumed he was a pervert?

Same logic applies but in this case a 5th person removed could have had knowledge that he was a gun owner, or maybe somebody knew somebody that had a cousin that dated him years ago and knew he carried?

I was driving to jfk a few years ago and cut somebody off by accident going over the verrazano he got up along side me and waved his glock with extended mag out the window and I was scared $hitless.. Trust me the absolute last thought in my mind was following him.. He showed his piece and I assumed that the next step was unloading into my head.

Yes I am a lifetime member of the NRA, Carry Concealed, and have been shooting my whole life

Latest resources

Back