Pilot Concessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Okaythen

Did a search on the board and couldn't find the answer to this one, so...

Which major airline pilot groups haven't taken concessions since 9/11. Partial Answer:

Delta
Southwest
Alaska

The other question could be: which ones have?

OK

NWA signed a contract extension in early 2002 which included a 4.5 % raise in Sep 2002 and a 5.5 % raise in Sep 2003. Company is hungry for concessions, who knows if and when they'll get them.

Actually, we (Delta) have taken concessions. Just ask the thousands that were displaced and the 1310 that took a 100% paycut. Fortunately, my furlough lasted only 6 months...glad to be coming back Dec 1st.

For me (and many DL pilots) to consider any further concessions, management has to rescind their $65 million secular trust, not take any bonuses until we are profitable, and when we do become profitable again we must be paid back for our investment. Any concessions will not be a grant, but a loan to be repayed. Also, our current contract must be extended.

I will not fund additional RJ purchases (to be flown by non DL pilots) or management bonuses. I will not support anything that keeps my 1060 brothers on the street longer...eg. raising the cap to 80 hours.

Hope that answers your question re: Delta.

no_land_3

Glad to see DAL pilots are standing up to management. Gives the rest of the pilots something to shot for after all this crap stops. Of course that is a ways down the road.

Actually AirTran did give concessions. They were short lived, about 3 months at roughly 10% pay reduction, plus a lower guarantee. We also deferred deposits into our B-fund until the company posted a quarterly profit: about 2 quarters later the money was deposited.

In return, we got no furloughs, and the ability to quickly jump into markets that presented themselves as opportunities, ie BWI.

Spirit pilots agreed to a new contract this last February that included a pay raise and work rule concesssions. Opinions vary on whether or not it was an effective gain or loss. For me, since I am not senior enough to take advantage of the ability to bid conflicts, etc; I received a 20% pay raise. For the senior pilots, I think that the net raise was closer to 5%. (my numbers, not the official ALPA line).

However, we did not give across the board concessions. For that I applaud my fellow pilots and our union leaders. I think that we could have done better, but at least we didn't give back 23%!!!!!!!!

regards,
enigma

Okaythen said:
Which major airline pilot groups haven't taken concessions since 9/11.
No changes at FedEx... Contract's amendable 31 May, 2004

One Goal, One Voice

"At AA some of us took up to 47% hourly cuts...I am flying 99 hour real time months/ 17 work days and selling my vacation back. "

Man I'm glad I'm not furloughed from your airline. I'm sure you are flying that high of a cap to offset the paycut but it's got to hurt your guys/gals on the street.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back