Pilatus Pc-12

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cargo69 said:
Does the Pilatus PC-12 require an MEL, and if so why?

Look at 91.213. No operation under 91 is required to use an MEL, but if it's turbine powered and you do not have a MEL then everything on the plane must be working. Part 91 just gives small non-turbine powered aircraft a way to operate without an MEL.

Cargo69 said:
What about Pt. 135?

As far as I remember you not required under 135 either. But if there is a MEL available for the plane and you are 135, I would recommend using.

MEL is a nice thing, but don't forget it's an FAA approved list of items you don't have to have working, not a list of things you must have. It allows you to fly without certain approved items not working (i.e. 3 radios, 2 may be disabled, etc...) Don't have one? You must have everything working

The PC-12 does not require an MEL, just like a King Air, Cheyenne, Conquest etc. Now, if you are operating the aircraft for hire, you would be NUTS not to have one. If you are, well, hope that you never get ramp checked. MEL's are nice when you are on the road for many a day in the middle of nowhereville.

"From what I understand, the PC-12 is a very safe aircraft. If I could somehow muster the $1.5+ Million to purchase, I would. Show them bitches who's King....:pimp:"

1.5 million, ha, try over 3 nowdays. :crying: I still buy me a lotto ticket every week!

Latest resources

Back