Pilatus Pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
18K??!! :laugh:

I thought flying corporate was supposed to get us away from regional wages. Thank you for passing this up. AF is always looking for people, if you are interested.

100 and 1/4 Hmmm first you ASSume that I'm talking about me. I'm not the one making that but I know a few pilots out here on the left COAST that are making that with full benefits and great perks to go with....
Sorry you feel obligied to reference someone's total time ....but I am insured on the 3 12's that I fly if the were more consistant I would be looking for a job..
JUST so you know buddy

Last edited:
P3-Adub said:
2.5M and they will only pay what ?? I know a guy making 65K, part 91, private.

Actually, 3.4 mil out of the box with all the bells and whistles. You would be hard pressed to find a used one for 2.5!!

illeagle said:
I keep hearing 40K plus, and this company wants to pay me or whomever is desperate enough 18K a year to fly this Pilatus. I may have to politely decline for anything under 40K. A pilot needs to make a stand at some point and demand what the experience and ratings call for. I believe this is a good place to start. Thanks for the replies.

Stay strong!!! Thanks.

Everyone calm down...

Okay...I'll lay it out for you...

If there is a precedent in pay, most likely management, owner, etc, will try to follow along with this industry standard...

Example:

If there is a FRACTIONAL (read FRACTIONAL) operator paying its CAPTAINS 45k/year second year pay in the northeast US...and have been doing it for several years with good pilot retention, then you will be HARD PRESSED to get much more out of a non-established fractional operator of the same equipment in the same part of the country. You may be able to get a slight adjustment for the current cost of living differences (there are many resources for this type of comparison available)...however much more than that and you are wasting your time....

THIS IS FOR PC12COWBOY

Corporate aviation is an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ANIMAL than fractional. Pay is different, quality of life varies dramatically, etc, etc....(Just ask a NetJets pilot...if you dare)

If you are flying a PC12 in Pump Handle, Kansas 3 days a week and are home every night with a schedule you will probably be happy with 50K/year (depending on benefits, etc.)

If you are flying out of VNY or TEB for a private owner then the SMART pilots will negotiate their salary based on the quality of life they expect, schedule, benefits, work environment. In these cases 70 - 80K per year, plus bonus is NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION. However, for that $$ they are, more than likely, going to own you. You fly when they want, PERIOD. (safety first, obviously)

Try approaching the guys at PlaneSense with a salary demand of $70K. If they had any wits about them they would smack you so hard that you woke up in the hospital with Christmas music playing.

Personally, I'll take job security, quality of life and a decent, fair wage over the unrealistic paycheck.

If you want the best of both worlds (in aviation anyway), get to know people, keep building experience, bust your rump and find a job flying a light to midsize jet for an established corporation.

There are good heavy jet jobs out there too, just like there are those dream jobs flying a c90 or PC12, but they are so few and far in between you'll wast you life away looking...those will come to you if you play your card right...

Latest resources

Back