• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont ????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cant remember the exact starting number, at least 10, maybe 11....only 4 made it. only 2 failed the written, don't know what happened with the rest.

Just out of curiousity, what did those of you made it do before getting hired? fresh Com ME, CFI, build up hours for fun, cargo? and how many total actual airplane hours do you have? actual instrument? multiengine? I'm not degrading you at all, just wondering. When I got hired 2 years ago, built up my time flying random hours for fun around IN in a 152. I had the low end of the scale at 500/25 with <15 actual instruments. Wondering what is competitive at PDT nowadays. Thanks.

Wondering what is competitive at PDT nowadays. Thanks.

Now that's funny.

Competitive? Walk erect with a COM/ME ticket, don't say something stupid during the interview and you should leave with a class date.

I talked with a SOE captain last week and his F/O had less than 400 hours. I believe that the F/O said 1 student in their class had less than 300 hours.

Most in my interview group had around 500 or less. 1 was in the 200s. The guy with 1000 hours got sent home, but I could tell from the minute he walked into the building he wasnt gonna make it. Looked like he had a toupee on, swaggered in like he owned the place, found out the rest of us were waiting for the interview as well (in suits) so he "instructs" the security guard to wait while he goes outside to his car and gets his blazer to wear, to match his khaki pants and worn brown leather "dress shoes". Didnt interact with anybody, just stood around as if it was a formality he had to go through this process.

He failed the written.

Most in my interview group had around 500 or less. 1 was in the 200s. The guy with 1000 hours got sent home, but I could tell from the minute he walked into the building he wasnt gonna make it. Looked like he had a toupee on, swaggered in like he owned the place, found out the rest of us were waiting for the interview as well (in suits) so he "instructs" the security guard to wait while he goes outside to his car and gets his blazer to wear, to match his khaki pants and worn brown leather "dress shoes". Didnt interact with anybody, just stood around as if it was a formality he had to go through this process.

He failed the written.

Yea, I know that guy. John claimed he missed over 50% of the questions on the test. The guy claimed he flew instruments as well as taught it for 8 years.

Maybe they should of just asked him to leave. I looked at my answer sheet, and was told I missed over 50% on the test also. I looked at my answer sheet, and saw even correct answers marked wrong.

Example? You ask? Okay what is an inverter? Converts dc to ac. A thunderstorm that is hidden is ?
Embedded Thunderstorm

and the kickers, what does a changeover point and when would you change to another vor frequency?

By that double "L" looking thing. which vor has dme?

You can see that with the "D" in the box. It was claimed I even got those wrong.

I was disgusted When John told me that, I just shook my head and didn't look back.

So for me, a little more flying in the Shorts360, build my time to what my company needs, then the fun begins!!

Maybe they should of just asked him to leave. I looked at my answer sheet, and was told I missed over 50% on the test also. I looked at my answer sheet, and saw even correct answers marked wrong.

Example? You ask? Okay what is an inverter? Converts dc to ac. A thunderstorm that is hidden is ?
Embedded Thunderstorm

Was it a multiple choice test? Is there a chance there was another answer to those questions that was "more correct"? They like trick questions.

Latest resources

Back