• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont towed from 36L in CLT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When you lose your #1 content in flight you are going to be moving whether you like it or not. You're going to hit the runway at about 135kts.

Well no joke, and big friggin deal. You practice no flap landings in the sim and I've used the emergency brake to stop it before. No thing there. I wouldn't taxi it though...

Hey Surf...

It's a boy!

Last edited:
I saw the pics! I tried to post on The Piedmont website but I issues with the internet in FLO.

Mom and Baby look great, congrats! Now get ready for no sleep for the next 6 weeks. hehehehehe you'll have a blast however.

Yeah, no number 1 contents the airplane ain't moving. Stops with the E brake can be, shall we say, brisk (ask me how I know lol).

I too lost the #2 contents once. I probably took the ultra conservative path by having the airplane towed in. Mostly I did it because there have been documented instances of total hyd qty loss through the parking brake shuttle valve... At that point I didn't know where the leak was coming from (turned out to be a bad gasket on the #2 rudder actuator). It wasn't a big deal, heck they were waiting with the tug by the runway when we landed.

I did, however, get the airplane off of the runway. I figured going into the grass was not so bad. Hitting the terminal probably was not.

I did, however, get the airplane off of the runway. I figured going into the grass was not so bad. Hitting the terminal probably was not.

Where's you sense of adventure?

Yinz are all correct- #1 dumped Q prior to takeoff (!). Pos and hold clearance with a 737 on short final- Captain moved it off the runway, set the brake, and the RUD ISO light came on. The plane, she no move no mo'.

CA is one of the very, very best we have. Greeeeat catch by the FO, who has a few years here on me. It had just dropped below 1.5 qt as they cleared the line into position.

Heard the story from the horse's mouth- of course, the Coronas were cold, we were under sail and making 6 knots on the Chesapeake... Listening to his take on the situation and how he handled it really shows how much credit is due to him AND the FO.

Same thing happened yesterday to a QX -400 on 16L at SEA. Declared a gear emergency, not down and locked I believe, appeared to land normally but shut down on the runway and was towed to the south satellite.

Same thing happened yesterday to a QX -400 on 16L at SEA. Declared a gear emergency, not down and locked I believe, appeared to land normally but shut down on the runway and was towed to the south satellite.

Yea, if that gear isn't showing locked I wouldn't move it either. At that point you would want the gear pinned then towed to the gate.

What? Q400 with a gear problem? No way!

OPEC. congrats on the crumb cruncher. I see your turning him into a little War eagle fan "Poor kid". Oh and good job. Whats the secret to having a boy? Did you take my old mans adivise and spin her around. Hope all is well with the fam.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back