Piedmont Strike Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FMEpilot

Just in case anyone out there still cares about this place, the strike ballot opened today, closes August 10th. Get out there and VOTE

I was hired after our strike but have endured the long term effects and possibly a permanent shutdown this week. But why bother?

A certain carrier has rocked the Delta Connection world and is willing to do the job for less even at a loss just to get the flying. Comair struck for the same reasons and I am feeling the after affects of it! Ready to quit but I refuse to work for another regional! 6 years down the toilet bowl!

Good luck to you guys! Hate to say it but until solidarity is reached in the regional world there will always be the new guy selling out the next guy. Ruthless business!

Good Luck!

I was hired after our strike but have endured the long term effects and possibly a permanent shutdown this week. But why bother?

A certain carrier has rocked the Delta Connection world and is willing to do the job for less even at a loss just to get the flying. Comair struck for the same reasons and I am feeling the after affects of it! Ready to quit but I refuse to work for another regional! 6 years down the toilet bowl!

Good luck to you guys! Hate to say it but until solidarity is reached in the regional world there will always be the new guy selling out the next guy. Ruthless business!

Good Luck!

Those are some wise words. That is exactly what is going down at the regional world. Pilots are their own worst enemy. The I got mine, PFT mentality that has infected this profession has really been like selling your soul to the devil for short term gains . Another ALPA union carrier about to bite the dust. RIP Comair

M

Last edited:
Solidarity doesn't mean squat when you're working for a company that holds itself out to playing the game of being a low-bid contract-carrier... right?

these "strike votes" are a waste of time.

these "strike votes" are a waste of time.

Yep, just political posturing in an effort to show solidarity....

Ucal, DAL, SWA, AA have all become so large as to take a strike right out of play. And while a release is theoretically possible, the PEB shuts it down...

Yep, just political posturing in an effort to show solidarity....

Ucal, DAL, SWA, AA have all become so large as to take a strike right out of play. And while a release is theoretically possible, the PEB shuts it down...
Very true. With Piedmont being so small, my money says they're allowed to walk.

This is also likely management's way of shutting down the airline without shutting it down. Let the pilots do it.

Very true. With Piedmont being so small, my money says they're allowed to walk.

This is also likely management's way of shutting down the airline without shutting it down. Let the pilots do it.

And their alternative is to take "current book or less" when airways is fully profitable?

And their alternative is to take "current book or less" when airways is fully profitable?
Obviously not. There is no alternative than to walk and let Tempe blame the Piedmont pilots for shutting it down.

Latest resources

Back