Piedmont LGA reduction question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

greyskyracer

So we are losing 7 more planes for a total of 11 this year. Will we be losing more with LGA closure in mid 2010?

I think we will lose more planes. They would love to shed some Contract Carriers but they can't.

Unless US Airways finds a home for the remaining planes I could see us losing more aircraft. Its gonna be a rocky road ahead, lets hope the economy gets kick started soon.

From Ask Piedmont

Q. So in the Q&A of the announcement on LGA it states there will be no furloughs till 2010. Is this true? Or is PDT still planning on furloughing pilots in the fall, as previously planned? Thanks
A. We are still planning a reduction bid that will be effective October 1st and another November 1st as we will continue to remove aircraft as planned for 2009. We will remove 6 aircraft from service through the remainder of this year.
Q. I just want to know how much notice I will be given before i am furloughed due to the LGA base closing. 30 days? and when will these furloughs begin? Oh and since I am from the last FA training class my uniforms are not paid off yet. am I expected to continue to pay for them when you furlough me?A. If furloughs are to occur it will be as a result of reduction in flying not as much from the LGA base closure. Those in LGA will have the opportunity to change bases in accordance with section 20 of the contract. We are hoping that by the end of August we should have enough information to determine our staffing levels as a result of the return of the aircraft. Once a furlough determination is made we will begin making deductions from final pays for any outstanding uniform balance. Dennis

My hope is that those 11 aircraft are going because they already knew this was coming. Seems to me that 11 would be about the right amount. Just my, glass half full, perspective.

From Ask Piedmont

Q. So in the Q&A of the announcement on LGA it states there will be no furloughs till 2010. Is this true? Or is PDT still planning on furloughing pilots in the fall, as previously planned? Thanks
A. We are still planning a reduction bid that will be effective October 1st and another November 1st as we will continue to remove aircraft as planned for 2009. We will remove 6 aircraft from service through the remainder of this year.

Ah HA! Stevie finally figured out the interwebs and went back and changed the original answer. Good job, laddy-o! It took a quarter of a century since you ran the Elliot aground, but heck- you can teach an old shoe new tricks!

May you burn in hell, btw.

Latest resources

Back