• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Piedmont Hawthorne Aviation

G-force

Total Time
5200 +
An FBO operator on the east coast relayed to me today that Piedmont Hawthorne is filing Chapter 11.Has anyone out there heard this??????

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Total Time
G-force said:
An FBO operator on the east coast relayed to me today that Piedmont Hawthorne is filing Chapter 11.Has anyone out there heard this??????

Not true...

SiuDude

Internet tough guy
Total Time
Why
Piedmont is now owned by Garrett Aviation.

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Total Time
SiuDude said:
Piedmont is now owned by Garrett Aviation.

Not true either... The way I understand it is this.

The Carlyle Group owns Piedmont Hawthone, Garrett and Associated Air Centers. The combined company is now Garrett/Piedmont Hawthorne/Associated... At least for now. They are about to announce a new name for the combined company.

Snakum

How's your marmott?
Total Time
Little
Not true.

Was sitting two chairs from the P-H Big Guy at PH-GSO this morning before the pax showed, while he BS'd with my Captain (former P-H 135 CA)for 30 minutes about company business.

Not filing Chapter 11 or 7 or 3.194.

Good rumor though! :D

Minh

FlyFlyFly

Registered Offender
Total Time
I overheard they were also going to merge the new entity with NetJets and Flight Options, and then buy SouthWest...

smellthejeta

The plane I solo'd in
Total Time
afew
h25b said:
Not true either... The way I understand it is this.

The Carlyle Group owns Piedmont Hawthone, Garrett and Associated Air Centers. The combined company is now Garrett/Piedmont Hawthorne/Associated... At least for now. They are about to announce a new name for the combined company.

That's pretty accurate. I left PHA right as they were merging with Garrett. From what I understand, the FBO side will retain the PHA brand and the maitenance side will retain the Garrett brand.