Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont has declared war on its pilots.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sig

The latest and greatest from a sked supe to a newhire class:

"My name is (of little or no value), and I'm a real 'B.' I am not afraid of your union, and I'll do what I want."

While nobody will argue that self-characterization, I think the number of times said supe gone out of their way to screw us might make that first sentence extreme understatement.

This individual has no problem breaking the contract daily. What the real issue is the way this... this... person... puts us in harm's way by willingly breaking FARs.

This person is NOT your boss (the equivalent of a secretary, really), can NOT tell you to do something outside the contract, and certainly can NOT force you to fly contrary to the FARs. Since the company hasn't terminated this person (yet), clearly they condone this behavior and illegal methodology.

It is going to continue unless we start filing grievances and ASAPs by the dozen.

Get busy, folks.

The union and the CP have been made aware of this. probably doesn't matter but they know.

Regarding her comments to the newhires?

We'll see what happens. I just got two more blatant contract violations in my hand. I've absolutely had it.

what is it with schedulers and thinking they run the show. you make phone calls and used MS excel get over yourself!

What an introduction...

"Welcome to Piedmont - go fark yourself, cuz that's exactly what I'm going to do to you."

There is a threshold where apathy goes by the wayside and some sort of action occurs. I think we're sick and tired of management quietly condoning this kind of crap behavior to the point where folks are going to start firing back at this lunatic.

Let's get real here- this person has a very simple, very low-tech and low-cognition job. It is something that a part-time waiter can do... it's EXACTLY what a part-time waiter does, in fact! You read that correctly: Part time wait staff on the side. But for us to be considered subordinate to such a low ordinal human being is insulting enough.

We have a fantastic system board of adjustment that needs to be dusted off and used heavily.

I don't know about PDT, but at both unionized carriers I've worked for, if scheduling tried to assign you something illegal or against the contract, then you could demand a statement from the CP or DO that it was legal. Do you guys have that ability?

...then you could demand a statement from the CP or DO that it was legal. Do you guys have that ability?

The chain exists, and they're on it. But the problem is that this person STILL DOES THIS. The harm is done, it's 10:30 at night, and your name goes in some ridiculous "log" forever for being "insubordinate." (HA! Insubordinate? That's a laugh. That implies an order in which we're below that... person.) Magically, someone who is capable of making such a judgment call is unavailable, or the (usually new) pilot is brow-beaten into compliance.

I have witnessed FAR violations thanks to this person's inability to follow kindergarten level rules. This person has petitioned that level of management directly to violate the contract.

The Feds are involved now, which is nice.

SIG, This has always been my understanding:

A sched supe CANNOT order you to do anything whatsoever. They are not in your chain of command, they just are drones. If you believe you are in the right, you must be allowed to speak with a pilot supervisor who can then order you to fly the said trip. At that point you tell them you are working under protest, and the grievance process begins.

Personally, I waste no time on schedulers. I jump right to the pilot supervisor part ('Yes "C", I know it is 2330, get the Chief on the phone anyhow'). That has averted a few assignments of dubious legality for me.

If a pilot supervisor in unavailable, than so am I!

My first day in Salisbury was complete with said person (whose name is representative of how much she's worth) saying, "I am the company b*^$& and I like my title." All I could think was wow, how professional.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back