• Start date
  • Watchers 13

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I beleive our own PA31ho is currently in class. His times were around 700/300. They interviewed me before I had 500 (april), and I'm currently swimming. They seem to look at UND and Purdue guys with very low time (many of my fellow boilermakers were hired over the past year). I'm pretty sure some of my buddies didn't even have 50 multi (I sure don't).

Dash8 said:
my understanding is in the 500/50 neighborhood for kinders from the 'big' schools, riddle, purdue, und, etal

..and if you're not, do the much higher minimums apply (1500TT 250 ME).

If you haven't attended one of the aviation uni's, what min. times will get you in the door otherwise?

Truth is...I dont have a whole heck of a lot of time (under 800/100) and wouldn't mind getting my foot in the door flying a Dash-8, more so than an RJ.

How long do you think they'll be short for F/O's?

NYC...

Put your stuff in, and don't let published minimums discourage you! I applied for an entry-level Beechjet SIC job with minimums of 2000TT, 500 multi and 50 turbine. I was under 1000/100 with 50 in type and got an offer over the phone, without an actual interview. I declined it for the same reason I declined the PDT date above. Colgan has also been interviewing off the street 700-1000hrs, and their published mins are 1000/250. There are plenty of threads here on this forum where airlines are starving for FOs, so keep flying and sending stuff out! Good luck!

Again FWIW, I know some people hired in the last year at PDT barely over 500/25, but they were Purdue grads.

I talked to Sheila last week and she said that the next class will be at the end of September. I'm in the pool with 520 hrs (came from Purdue). I doubt that I'll get out of it anytime soon though. It sounds like they keep interviewing people with ~1000 hrs and sticking them into the classes. I told Sheila that I was going to have to take a flight instructor job with a one year commitment on it, and she's going to keep me in the pool longer than normal. Maybe by then I'll have enough hrs to get out of the pool. I'm kind of nervous about taking an airline job right now anyways. With the fuel prices continuing to go up, somebody's eventually going to go out of business.

A one year commitment?!?!?! For a CFI job?

BTW, did you interview on campus back in April?

I missed the on campus interview due to the national flight team competition. I interviewed in June. Yeah, one year commitment.... it sucks but at least I can live at home for free.

How much of a difference does it make if you've got the 121 ATP written passed in terms of hiring. Does it make much of a difference. I've been studying it and will probably take it some time next week.

Also, anyone have an educated guess or estimate on how long this hiring swing at the regionals will last?

Last edited:
NYCPilot said:
Their posted minimums aren't that low, 1500TT 250 ME and 100 Actual.

Are they hiring with lower times, if so, what are the times?

"Published Mins." mean nothing, We have had to adjust them depending on the "Market". Ours were published at 1500 and 250 but we hired a few people at 600/ and 100 with previous "Structured" training. Structured meaning 4 year University, type rating, etc.

I heard at Airinc in MIA most minimums were announced by most regionals were well below "published" minimums.

Just Apply, It's not like the "good" old days, It free now.

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

Latest resources

Back