• Start date
  • Watchers 13

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is probably true! Its gonna be really tuff to get pilots when you can go to some other regionals now and jump into a jet with a 1.5 year upgrade!

And the low time people we are getting are just using Piedmont for 121 experience and jumping ship in within a year. (suprised they haven't started some sort of training contract)

I heard our attrition has been crazy in terms of FO's going to other regionals. More Captains have been leaving lately to go to Airtran and other Larger Carriers.

I don't want to discourage people from coming here, its a great place in terms of pay and working contract and the pilots whom you work with. However if we don't get new equipment and show some sort of promising future we aren't gonna find anyone willing to come and fly here for more then 6 months.

Stuff

WSurf...

You figured out where the gear handle is yet?

WSurf said:
This is probably true! Its gonna be really tuff to get pilots when you can go to some other regionals now and jump into a jet with a 1.5 year upgrade!

And the low time people we are getting are just using Piedmont for 121 experience and jumping ship in within a year. (suprised they haven't started some sort of training contract)

I heard our attrition has been crazy in terms of FO's going to other regionals. More Captains have been leaving lately to go to Airtran and other Larger Carriers.

I don't want to discourage people from coming here, its a great place in terms of pay and working contract and the pilots whom you work with. However if we don't get new equipment and show some sort of promising future we aren't gonna find anyone willing to come and fly here for more then 6 months.

I keep looking to my left, but now I gotta realize that from where I am sitting its too my right... lol, thanks for trying to keep me straight however!!

Maybe if they dropped their mins. or were a little more flexible they would get the personnel they've been looking for................Besides there are a lot better carriers out there snatching up the low time community..........

most common statment from new hires leaving the company in less than a year?

PDT New Hires said:
"I don't want to have to go to training again"
been hearing that there is no one left at PDT that was hired in '03....

newbies,
don't come here for these reasons
draconian mgmt,
contract essentially disregarded by scheduling (penny's famous line "Do it and grieve it")
some bases replete with stodgy, uptight, social recluses
training department is actually a disciplinary department, they don't want to teach, they want to bust
you'll be flying a prop, and lots of jackass pax will make that face when they come down the jetway, or make unbelieveably rude comments when comming on board

do come here for these reasons
the pay is better to start than most other places
the aircraft is great, yeah she's a prop, but as long as you don't ask her to go fast, she'll do practically anything else you ask of her (like a good girl should :D )
some bases are fairly well populated by relatively fun, social people
if we get enough people involved(read: active in the union), if by some miracle we received some new equipment, if MDA and the flow is salvaged within the new US/HP;
life could improve here and this could be a good place to start a career (yes thats a lot of IF's but not entirely outside the realm of possibility)

Last edited:
dueguard1 said:
Maybe if they dropped their mins. or were a little more flexible they would get the personnel they've been looking for................Besides there are a lot better carriers out there snatching up the low time community..........

dropped their mins? I don't think they could drop them anymore and still get people with Comm-Multi-Inst tickets so I dunno where your getting this one...

maybe if the people raised their standards for the kind of place they want to work for, rather than selling out their first few years at slave wages just so they can 'fly a jet' :rolleyes:

dueguard1 said:

What a dumb comment. Who else is hiring *currently* hiring at 500-600 hours?

FWIW, I declined an interview they bent over backward to schedule me for because I was not available for immediate classes. Sheila Parker told me she would hold on to my stuff and to call her once my contract was coming up, and she would get me right in for an interview.

Yeah, they're so inflexible:rolleyes:

Dash8 said:
dropped their mins? I don't think they could drop them anymore and still get people with Comm-Multi-Inst tickets so I dunno where your getting this one...

Their posted minimums aren't that low, 1500TT 250 ME and 100 Actual.

Are they hiring with lower times, if so, what are the times?

Latest resources

Back