• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont and Allegheny

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I feel for you man, that really sucks, I am not that far up the list myself. Am I missing something - just wondering why mainline guys who were still on probation got furloughed (then hired by us ) not terminated. Oh, I forgot, that's mainline and who am I to question that, because we don't have families to feed or put a roof over our heads. take care...

Piedmont just did the same thing today,

No Notice, Nothing

9 Months,

1 Furlough
1 Termination

Don't you just love the airlines, and those coward management pieces of SH_T.

I think I am doing pretty well for myself.

Well it looks like Furloughs are coming at PDT. With 14 A/C being returned this year, I see about 100 pilots furloughed!!! They want us to sell our souls for these RJ's (Mesa Type Contract), and everyone I talked to said hell NO to a 10 Year BS contract.
We make money for Group, even single engine taxi's the last 8 months that has saved millions, and they turn around and smack us! And now Mainline boys want to protect there Parity Plus 1%, GIVE ME A BREAK...... Help us all..

One Nervous PDT Pilot

I have an idea, since mainline boys want to protect there furloughed pilots. Why don't they ask management if they take a small pay cut, and reduce their they flying by 10hrs a month. That should open some jobs up for the furloughed boys and girls. I mean they are losing a bunch of money! Nope, the mainline guys would eat there young for Full pay till the Last Day.

Here you have 3 WO's that make tons of Cash, and now they want us to take a huge pay cut, Pension, Health, No Min. Day, CX pay etc.

Thats it! I guess my next job will be? "Welcome to Walmart!"

Sim66

Every pilot that was furloughed from mainline was off probation. Mainline stopped hiring in the Spring of 2000 because of the UAL deal. The first furloughs occured in the Fall of 2001, hence np termination like here at ALG.

Good luck to you. I'll be terminated in a few months from ALG.

pappy

Isn't it ironic that Piedmont never furloughed a pilot until this year? USAirways always has treated it's wo'd regionals pretty poorly, especially when it helps their mainline pilots. I don't know why you guys didn't want to join the rjdc fight, but perhaps now you will reconsider. I can't belive it took this long for someone to take ALPA to court for the way it treats one pilot against another. Well, you are a bit late, but welcome to the party.

PS, I used to work for a usair wo, and I wouldn't go back. If you are getting furloughed, you might actually be better off. Good luck to all of you.

ALG LAYOFF

WELL GUYS, I DON'T THINK IT CAN GET ANY WORSE..... I'VE BEEN FURLOUGHED BY ALLEGHENY IN 1995 THEN BY USAIR IN 12/01,AND TERMINATED BY ALLEGHENY ON 5/06/02. I WORKED FOR ALG 9YRS AND THE FIRST AVALIABLE UPGRADE TOOK 7YRS. ALG, PDT,AND PSA ARE BEING USED AS A PAWN BY USAIR MANAGEMENT. I'M CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE. I DON'T THINK I WILL EVER BE CALLED BACK TO USAIR. TIME TO LOOK FOR A NEW CAREER. I WISH THE GUYS AND GALS AT ALG, PDT, AND PSA GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE.

LIFE GOES ON,
CATMAN:(

us airways

It is a shame to hear someone with your experience is out of a job.. I feal for you. Sorry to hear the bad news. Best of luck to you in the future........

Latest resources

Back