Piedmont/Allegheny rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Newsouth??

You need a new attitude. you are about to find out HOW HARD Mainline can stick it in your ass. Those aren't your RJ's anymore, they are for your mainline brothers. It's a Dump and Flush system. You are going to get dumped on and then flushed out of the system by 737 FO's. Hope you have plenty of KY jelly, you gonna need it pal.

After your last ILS, I bet you couldn't even find the seat cushion... Yeah, you a real pilot..

Some of you guys talk about PDT pilots like we are driving C-172's around or something.

If you made $27 an hour, would you want a furloughed mainliner to come on board to fill 50% of the seats and make double than what you are.

Where is the justice in that?

What, a Dash is a piece of junk becuase it has props, granted, it aint as sexy (to the pax) as a RJ, but come on, it takes a whole lot more skill to fly the Dash than any RJ, not to mention more comfortable than an RJ also, or 737.

No hard working pilot deserves the BS that is being delivered on this thread.

Hey newsouth, what group of pilots are PDT guys bashing?

Beavis

I understand how you feel about the rumors! Remember D.C. Air rumors (and the actual 8K filing on the (PSA) JIA operational certificate). Where was the unification then? As I remember those times we were out on our own until POT came into the picture.

Although labeling PSA as a sell out when the pilot group has NOT voted on any anything, our new contract, LOA81, consessions, Jets for Jobs etc, is not that fair. Now I know that our MEC who is our elected officals did vote in all of the above, the pilot group is still miffed about all that has ratified without a vote.

I hate to see any of the Wholly ownes getting an additional shaft, but the group at PSA did not get to cast our individual vote on the equation.

I believe that you have already made up you mind about PSA, but remember we still only have PROPS.

Smoking Man

Smoking man.....

First off, smoking is bad for you. You should quit that habit!

Second, I have nothing against ANY pilot at PSA. You guys are all right. If any WO does ok, well, thats a start. It is upsetting that we all didnt stick together, though, and U management used your contract as a way to whipsaw us ---- to your benefit. I know you all think it sucks what is happening to ALG and PDT! At PDT, we agreed to PSA jet rates, MINUS 3% ---- because we wanted to keep our defined benefit package. What more could we do. We also agreed to J4J and signed a concessionary TA for 8% paycuts in the dash for 7 years!!! This wasnt good enough for U! So, here we are. It just sucks that some of your guys attitude is, "well, at least I have a job!" So, we are not all that unified in our objective. Anyway, good luck to all my WO brothers, and all the guys at PSA, PDT and ALG!! As for me, I'm jumping off this ship as of Oct! I'll miss 'Flying the Flag!'

d328pilot

I dont mean to refer to you as a sellout. I think YOUR management and MEC sold you out, as well as the other WO pilots by undermining their negotiations! After all, how could we be players in the game when U management comes to us so early on with, ' we have PSA signed up already for dirt cheap rates!' I mean, come on.......how do we negotiate when you guys agreed to RJ rates LESS than our DHC-8 rates??? We had to negotiate down!!!

Anyway, enjoy your job, and good luck!

Just a reminder, The day that ML management came to all of us and demanded our jobs. (all on the same day) One company signed away, another company agreed in principle and singed away. Only 1 company did what we agreed to do and speak with a unified voice and not agree to the extorsion!

F'in A Brother. Only one carrier and I'm proud to be apart of it. Will we be destroyed because of it? There's a good chance but like I've said before We are a strong bunch (most of us) and we'll go down swingin' hard core, then get up dust ourselves off and move on.

You know, I can honestly say that I feel very bad for you guys and gals and ALG and PDT as most of us at PSA have friends, family and spouses (female PDT capt married to a PSA capt.) at both carriers. We are very much concerned about what is going on over there.

We have not heard anything since the ratification by our MEC and that the fact that ALG and PDT's was taken off the table by a succership clause.

I hated to hear that 35 Dash 8 leases are being turned in. 12 at ALG and 23 at PDT. We all know that this means more furloughes. This will probebly get flamed to all HE.L.L, but PSA will hire any furlughed WO pilot if you want to keep your number and stay with the flag. That came out of one of the chief pilots mouths.

I also believe COMAIR will help as well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back