Piedmont/Allegheny rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beavis

Rumor has it PDT and ALG are to be shut down!

Piedmont is turning in 2 more Dashs in Oct, closing the TPA crewbase in NOv, and possibly closing JAX in Jan. That coincides with the return of 11 more a/c!!!!!

Dont worry, sell out PSA will survive.

PDT and ALG both had their concessionary TA's pulled off the table by U management, over a succorship clause that allows them to be sold under the terms under the concessionary contract, which were to be the lowest rates in the industry!!!

AAAAAHHHHHGGGG!!!!

The company is seeking relief for 35 turboprop leases in the latest filing with the court. All are dash 8s. As far as your comment about PSA, I was upset at first when our MEC ratified our concessions for the pilot group. But now, I am glad that i will have a job. I am sorry for what is happening at PDT and ALG but what were we supposed to do. Nobody wants to be out on the street right now. Everyone at U is having to take concessions. Seigel said from the beginning that this would happen if things took too long. I am not going to try to justify anything because i dont think we did anything wrong, and it doesnt matter what i think, you already made your mind up...I have to go to sleep..I have to fly tomorrow.

Wow Newsouth, spewing such venom and hatred at the PDT pilots! Well, I fly for PDT, and I cant say you are totally wrong. The old guard has been pounding their chest for years about the good contract, which it was!!! Those gains were hard fought over years, by men who felt that a regional pilot deserved better pay and working conditions. All while pilots at Mesa, etc.... were "flying for free". It is true, that the substandard contracts at the contract carriers ---- and our own contract ---- is why we are where we are now. But to accept the concessionary conditions that we did, makes us no better than any pilot group that accepted one in the past. But it really doesnt matter. After accepting lower than standard pay, Airways reniged on the TA agreement ----- twice!

As far as PSA, you go on and feel good to have a job, while 1,000 pilots at PDT and ALG hit the streets. Unified???? I guess not. But hey, you have a job!

I honestly fail to see how PSA in any way affected the situations at PDT and ALG.

Most pilots here were very upset when our MEC ratified our contract, and then ratified concessions without a pilot vote. However, many of us, though I can't speak for everyone, realize now that the MEC took the best course of action for the pilots at the time, with the information they had. If we had voted down the contract and then later the concessions, we'd be in danger of shutting down now as well.

PSA pilots in no way sold out anybody else in the industry. Our contract, while not industry-leading, did have some significant improvements. This is also only our third contract. I fail to see how we have sold out PDT and ALG.

What should we have done? The writing was on the wall for us as well. We can't fly the dorks indefinitely. If we had said no to JfJ we'd all be out of a job as they whittled away our fleet over the next couple of years. Do you honestly think we should have shot ourself in the foot out of sympathy for PDT and ALG? That by taking a hard-line stance against management we would have somehow saved all three WO's? That doesn't make any sense.

PSA jumped on board so that we could have a part in the restructured US Airways' future. Just as all the labor groups at U have done as well.

I don't fully understand the circumstances at PDT or ALG, though I respect your collective decisions. May I suggest that you don't understand the circumstances at PSA? Otherwise I'll just dismiss your opinions as "sour grapes."

Hey NEWMOUTH,

Did you fail outta training here at PDT?

Okay,

I'm not buying all these rumors-people inside U need to take a freakin' chill pill and just see what plays out. Everyone is jumpin' ship and I'm watching my senority rocket higher, and although it may last only until Jan. it's "phun" while it lasts!

PSA is "good people" and they didn't have much of a contract before concessions anyway. That said, they don't have any shinny little RJ's yet. Nor, does Mid Atlantic, or Midway. Yeah, PDT and ALG will prob. MERGE into something else-but it's impossible to just say one day-um, let's shut down PDT and ALG today-now you have no Express ground people at two hubs, no maint. either since ALG runs WO maint. in PHL and PDT does it in CLT. Then, all that ground equipment needs to be maintained-PDT does it in CLT and ALG in PHL. Things are going to change for the worse but it's going to be like COEX-everyone merges into one, people will be furloughed and bases will close.

All these stupid rumors make me laugh-'cause I used to listen to them. The funny part is you would have thought I would have learned a lesson during the merger period. POT is going to become Metrojet-were going to merge with POT to break the union, russian Yak's are coming to PDT-you name it it was spread around.

Let's not let it get to our heads!

There is any facts for this rumor. I have three years seniority and I was wondering if I should bail out before the boat sink.

Alabama Pension Systems is on the game now!?$

NEW YORK (AP) - Alabama's public-employee pension fund has offered to invest $240 million in a restructured US Airways Group, topping by 20 percent an offer made in August by private-equity firm Texas Pacific Group.

The offer was sent in a letter to US Airways President David Siegel on Wednesday and was being filed in federal bankruptcy court in Alexandria, Va.

The Retirement System of Alabama would receive a 37.5 percent stake in the airline, assuming it successfully emerges from bankruptcy.

David Bronner, chief executive of the pension fund, predicted US Airways would fully reorganize under Chapter 11 by January and that the investment would be well worth it.

"The minute (the airline) comes out of bankruptcy, it will be worth $1.5 billion to $2 billion," Bronner said.

Bronner said the offer starts a 60-day due diligence period during which others can make offers, raising the possibility of a bidding war for control of the airline.

The Retirement System of Alabama, which has $25 billion in assets, already owns about $340 million in US Airways debt. The airline has used the financing to purchase airplanes and equipment.

The Alabama pension fund said its offer was fair to shareholders and that bidding provisions contained in Texas Pacific's proposal "hardly create a level playing field."

Texas Pacific agreed to invest $200 million in US Airways as part of a debtor-in-possession financing agreement arranged when US Airways filed for bankruptcy-court protection on Aug. 11.

Beavis said:
Wow Newsouth, spewing such venom and hatred at the PDT pilots! Well, I fly for PDT, and I cant say you are totally wrong. The old guard has been pounding their chest for years about the good contract, which it was!!! Those gains were hard fought over years, by men who felt that a regional pilot deserved better pay and working conditions. All while pilots at Mesa, etc.... were "flying for free". It is true, that the substandard contracts at the contract carriers ---- and our own contract ---- is why we are where we are now. But to accept the concessionary conditions that we did, makes us no better than any pilot group that accepted one in the past. But it really doesnt matter. After accepting lower than standard pay, Airways reniged on the TA agreement ----- twice!

As far as PSA, you go on and feel good to have a job, while 1,000 pilots at PDT and ALG hit the streets. Unified???? I guess not. But hey, you have a job!

Beavis,

Right on! I hope we hire all of your pilots at ASA and Comair. That is the attitude we all need.

If Midatlantic gets off the ground, and IF there are going to be 400 rj's at US Scare, then there should be plenty of flying for us all.

If anyone from PDT union reads this, why are we kept in the dark? If management would just give us SOME idea where the ship is heading, maybe we could go along with some of the stuff in the TA.

As to PSA, we at PDT were never in "Negotiations" with US Air. Basically, they were demanding that we take concessions without them even putting anything on the table. No hints at RJ's, Job Security, or expantion. Just concessions.

How about filling us, the pilot group, in on what's going on.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back