Piedmont Airlines ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CAPTAINAMERICA

Does Piedmont Airlines have a commute policy in their pilot contract ? It appears that all of their current pilot bases while nice are not 1 leg commutes and they all could be a circus to get to. Just inquiring before I consider the company any further as a possible employment option.

Thanks

If you are going to commute to our bases it will probably be a nightmare. EWN and ROA I know can be difficult. I'm not to sure and can't comment on the other Bases.
Going to Piedmont right now might be like playing the slots in Vegas. Something has to happen soon here or it probably won't be able to staff it's current airline beyond 2016 with the pilot shortage and our aging fleet.
Good Luck!!!

Does Piedmont Airlines have a commute policy in their pilot contract ? It appears that all of their current pilot bases while nice are not 1 leg commutes and they all could be a circus to get to. Just inquiring before I consider the company any further as a possible employment option.

Thanks

Yes but to use it you have to have at least 2 flights on each leg. Plus if you miss them you have to keep trying on the 3rd, 4th, etc. If you miss the last flights you have to try to get on the first flights the next day, even if they say "drop no pay" for the first day of your trip. Otherwise you get in trouble.

But lucky for us it increased from 3 to 5 times per year that we can use it. That was because we were verbally promised we were getting hub bases, so we gave up something in writing for that.

We still don't have hub bases.

Isn't every regional hiring like crazy? Why would you go to Piedmont?
Seems like some better options out there then somewhere that is shrinking.

Actually a fleet replacement with flowthru in the works. Might be a place soon to actually go:)

Actually a fleet replacement with flowthru in the works. Might be a place soon to actually go:)

Yea right, it will be riddled with loopholes and outs for everything we want, but concrete concessions for whatever the company wants. You know how this works...

True! But it could be interesting since we've been stuck in the 80s for so long :)

Don't count on anything until it's done.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back