Pictures of Mesaba's new paint job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Brett Hull said:
So are you guys going to have to change your traffic call at uncontrolled fields to "Muscle Shoals Traffic, Mesaba 6550, a gray Saab....." instead of "a red Saab"?

Everyone flying the pattern in MSL has Lynyrd Skynyrd cranked up so loud they can't hear the traffic call outs so whats the point in even making them?

Workin'Stiff said:
Too bad the new paint is already starting to peel off. And there's tons of runs in the paint. But overall, it still looks really sharp!

sound like the same company that painted Shuttle America's Saabs. Paint was peeling off on the flight home from the paint shop. I think MACO could have done a better job.

DoinTime said:
Everyone flying the pattern in MSL has Lynyrd Skynyrd cranked up so loud they can't hear the traffic call outs so whats the point in even making them?

Ain't that the truth! It's probably why that idiot in the V-tail took off on 11 while I was on short final for 29. Couldn't hear our calls on the radio 'cause the Skynyrd was blasting. :eek:

ImbracableCrunk said:
Red SAAB? Maybe when we were Airline of the Year! They are more like a salmony-pinkish-coral.

Would any other traffic please advise . . . me why the he11 people insist on saying that!

Yeah..I remember in DTW when you guys first got the SAABs, they were so bright it would hurt your eyes on a sunny day...that was a loooooooong time ago...like when "RUN-DMC" was a new group. I'm glad they are finally painting em'...but I was hoping they would $#!tcan the SAAB's and replace it with RJ's...wishful thinking...oh well...time to bust out the ole RUN-DMC cassette tapes...

HughBeamont said:
That looks pretty sharp. Though every time I see the NWA, I start humming lyrics by Ice Cube, Dr. Dre and the gang. Definitely nobody under 40 in the marketing department.

Me too!

Straight outa Compton, crazy M.F. named Ice Cube. From a gang called N_______ W________ an A________.

Some of these 21 year old FO's look at me pretty funny when I bust out with an NWA ryme.

I would to Dog!

NWA sucked back then too!

Hey ImbracableC! What's going to be your new signature once all the Saab's get the pink slapped off of them! I really like the current one.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back