Pictures of Mesaba's new paint job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Idiots... Same with Mainlines.

I love how the compass pointer points NorthEAST on the right side of most of the planes.

I realize they had to get the pointer on there somewhere.... But come on. If not for that, the new ebonic "NWA" looks buch better than the old bowling shoe scheme. :D

a little off topic

if alot of the airlines are chap. 11 or on the edge of it, how can they afford to repaint them there flying machines?

Kream926 said:
a little off topic

if alot of the airlines are chap. 11 or on the edge of it, how can they afford to repaint them there flying machines?

Good question. The additional costs of repainting aircraft isn't too much when you change the scheme. This is simply because a major airline will have an aircraft or two off the line for repainting as part of the regular maintenance program. I think they need to be repainted about every 7-8 years at the most. So when they change the scheme usually they won't take additional aircraft off the line to repaint them, they just put the new livery on em as they would normally be scheduled for a new coat anyways. At least that's how it's done at my (almost) bankrupt major airline.

true dat, t. pimp. Mesaba's Avros are being painted (rumored) because the Feds said something about having some sort of corrosion protection on our airplanes. Many Avros had extensive bare metal. Of course, we had a Saab (first one to get painted:) ) that had so much corrosion that it is now out of service. Forever.

I also heard that this new paint scheme is saving a lot of money due to it being only three colors I think instead of the old with 9. Here at Skyway they started painting our Beeches in the new scheme, until the EPA shut them down for not doing it right. I was talking to one of the mechs that was painting, and he said that he had trouble breathing for a couple days after each paint job. Nice!

New paint

Yeah, the new paint job looks pretty cool. So clean that you could eat off of it! To bad the autopilot was inop. Had to fly the thing around all day with it. Thankfully after 7 hours we got a late swap (next flight had to deal with a little fatigue, weather, T-storms over the field, and an unfamiliar airport -first time to Kitchner).

Chris

Mesaba uncontrolled field ops

So are you guys going to have to change your traffic call at uncontrolled fields to "Muscle Shoals Traffic, Mesaba 6550, a gray Saab....." instead of "a red Saab"?

What's up with that, anyway? It's gotta be something some dingbat POI insisted you guys say.

Red SAAB? Maybe when we were Airline of the Year! They are more like a salmony-pinkish-coral.

Would any other traffic please advise . . . me why the he11 people insist on saying that!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back