• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PIC turbine time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do any of you know how many FOs just got hired at Delta without any PIC other than maybe in a 172? Jet Blue just told my friend he had too much time at the last job fair. This industry is FUBAR and this is def no direct relationship between PIC turbine and an interview!!!

Do any of you know how many FOs just got hired at Delta without any PIC other than maybe in a 172? Jet Blue just told my friend he had too much time at the last job fair. This industry is FUBAR and this is def no direct relationship between PIC turbine and an interview!!!
probably none.

Good conversation, but it an employment related question for that section of FI, so it will be moved there.

Clr4 Mod

It's not- and I know you're just doing what the webmaster wants-
But often moving a thread out of the majors section kills it-
We know why it was posted in the majors section: bc they wanted the opinion of major airline pilots on the subject- and most of us don't go to every room in the FI building

Wave, thanks for bring this up, I wanted to talk about this..

We would like the members to use ALL of flight info., Visit every room in the building.. if everything is in the majors or regional sections, as has been allowed to happen to some degree, then finding information like this would be like going to a library and all the books from Romance to car repair are in the middle of the building...in some pile.. you don't want to walk into your home and see a tolet sitting in the corner and the kitchen sink in the other..

People get frustrated looking for information, so they naturally post another thread somewhere else, when the answer they need has already been answered, or the people that are concerned are already talking about the issue.. in the correct room all along..

We would like to expand the employment section down the road as well as other sections, so we need everyone to use all of it, scan all the "Sections" that would be of interest to you.. then a member can go back to the section that covers their type of work issues on a peticular airline.

Employment related issues like this ( PIC Turbine time) is valuable to all types of flying here on FI.. Cargo/LCC/Regional/Major/ and even 135.. but if this thread is only in the Majors section, as this was, then it can easily be missed by the other folks that don't come to the majors section...

So this is why we would like threads to be in the right location of FI... so they get maximum use by everyone..

thanks for the discussion on this, I hope I cleared this up..

Mod Clr4

CLR4-

Couldnt a thread theoretically be labeled as both Major and Employment, yet only exist as a single entity?

Kinda like how Gmail organizes (labels) email.

Possibly in an expanded employment section, that could work.. We will make a note of you idea.. IN the mean time we are short on manpower, so we need to keep this basic as possible for the time being.

Amish asked my question- that's a good solution- bc often when I post a topic in a section- it's bc I want the opinion of those who frequent that section-
WHEN someone who wants to be on a path to a major airline career, asks a career oriented question- it is appropriate and a good idea to ask MAJOR AIRLINE PILOTS- and not everyone w/ an opinion-
It goes to the old saying- everyone has an opinion on how to get rich- the opinions that count however, do not come from the poor.

That said, I see your dilemma about organizing- run it by the webmaster- their may be technology available that is just as simple, but allows what rakefight suggested.

I understand exactly what you are saying.. a sub group to the majors section for employment questions... Last year we tossed around some ideas along those lines when an update to FI was being mulled around.. For a short time, we posted sticky threads asking for members opinions, but if you recall, we got nothing but a bunch of BS and websitemaster soon lost interest and pulled down the sticky threads and killed the project..

I would suggest.. highly suggest.. that members put their ideas down on the forum feedback area.. be to the point, not nasty, real ideas of what they would like to see.. and this is a good one...

thanks for the meaningful conversation about FI...

clr4

Latest resources

Back