• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PIC time at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What about the sim time for my initital Hawker XP type rating? I asked so many people about how to log this, spoke with the FAA and they said it could be logged under total time, multi-time, dual recieved time, and simulator time. Why would an FAA official tell me that? If its a level D sim, it should be able to be logged?! Didn't see anything in 61.51 about this issue. Read so many different things online about it. Everyone has a different opinion, what is the right one?

Thanks

Your signature is on file. And that is just the release... you still sign the Aircraft logbook

I know... but we never "sign" for it anymore. Technically... ;)

Come on. Work with me here!

I never gave them a sample of my signature to keep on file though...

What about the sim time for my initital Hawker XP type rating? I asked so many people about how to log this, spoke with the FAA and they said it could be logged under total time, multi-time, dual recieved time, and simulator time. Why would an FAA official tell me that? If its a level D sim, it should be able to be logged?! Didn't see anything in 61.51 about this issue. Read so many different things online about it. Everyone has a different opinion, what is the right one?

Thanks

Simulators are like kissing a girl... but it's your sister.

How many THOUSANDS of hours of hours flight time will you amass in you career? Does a few hours in the SIM really matter?

Keep it simple... especially if you have interviews in the future. Less loop holes make for an easier logbook review.

"bag Smashed"

I wouldn't count that time... but I am no authority on what they want.

To me, Time holding the controls does not mean much. If you can't fly they see that in the Sim check.

I hold the controls about 2 minutes per flight, probably less ... the rest of the time we are on autopilot.

Time as the HMFIC. (head m__f___ in charge Marine Slang) ... is what counts. Need to add the HMFIC column to logbooks.

HMFIC... as opposed to the SOPA (Senior Officer Present Aboard). In the absence of HMFIC, SOPA is in charge and you never know how much authority you have until you exceed it and then get your bag smashed.(more Marine Slang).

SOPA is like that part 61 PIC time.

Just my opinion and I am sure many disagree.

The way civilians log time is BS. Check out a Navy flight logbook and this would not even be an issue. There is Aircraft Commander time, First Pilot and Co-pilot. First pilot moves the controls and co-pilot talks on the radios and raises the gear. and... Don't get me started about logging taxi time as Flight time....

Concur with Gunfyter! The way to answer the PIC Q for yourself is to ask.....If you and another pilot bang the jet up who is the first one to get their bag smashed? If it's you then you get to log PIC. If you catch the other guy as he crumples after the smashing, then you do not get to log PIC.

SF,

I'm just saying... no one "signs" for the plane anymore at NJA. That disrupts the whole system we have come to learn about who is PIC... whoever "signs" for the bird!

And you just like watching me sweat!

Actually, I like watching your wife sweat.:beer: :laugh: :pimp:

we didn't have FMS or autopilot:(

I figure what I'll do is just count it as SIC.

Better to understate your time than overstate it.

Dont put it down as SIC either.......thats worse than PIC......A caravan does not require 2 pilots (per certification). Now if the company's ops specs req'd an SIC and you took a flight check then your golden......Just log it as PIC and dont worry about it.

Last edited:
Dont put it down as SIC either.......thats worse than PIC......A caravan does not require 2 pilots (per certification).

For homework, please read 61.51(f)(2) and report back to the class.

Now if the company's ops specs req'd an SIC and you took a flight check then your {sic} golden......Just log it as PIC and dont worry about it.
Why would you log PIC time when you were acting as the SIC on a flight that required two pilots?

For homework, please read 61.51(f)(2) and report back to the class.

Why would you log PIC time when you were acting as the SIC on a flight that required two pilots?

61.51 (f) (2).....yes that the reg that I was refering too......thanks for pointing it out.

If your were flying the plane and were qualified.......pic

Latest resources

Back