• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pic of first AC in "new" United livery

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And Yup you'll be happy to know that SkyWest is already starting to repaint our CRJ 200's and 700's in the new livary. SkyWest probably wouldn't gamble on new paint jobs if the flying was going away?

Good, good. This will be a nice lesson for all the teens out there. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. Speaking of hatches...I'm sure that scope will eventually ELIMINATE 70 RJ's flown by all the teens out there. I know at least half of the United pilots OUTLAW over 50 seaters. Good luck it will be tough out there for you youngans.

I'm sure that scope will eventually ELIMINATE 70 RJ's flown by all the teens out there.
Which 70 RJs will be eliminated? Are you thinking specific airframes by n-number? A mix of different types?SkyWest doesn't have any 70 "seat" RJs flying for United. SkyWest does have 66 seat CRJ700s though. Is that what you are trying to say?

Which 70 RJs will be eliminated? Are you thinking specific airframes by n-number? A mix of different types?SkyWest doesn't have any 70 "seat" RJs flying for United. SkyWest does have 66 seat CRJ700s though. Is that what you are trying to say?

Yeeep! You're assuming right...

Sweet dude! My new shiney jet has first class...

Heard about 50% of CAL furloughs have responded to the recall... wonder how many UAL guys will?

The number will be much higher than that. I expect very few will bypass. At this point I only know of 4 pilots who are bypassing. I'b be willing to bet that about 80% return.

Saul Bass

Thanks for posting this. I learned a little about a guy who did a lot. This guy deserves credit and recognition for his logos. Some of the best and most recognizable logos out there. Kudos.

The legendary graphic designer Saul Bass came up with United's logo in 1974. He also came up with Continental's logo and many other airlines, businesses and movie graphic sequences.

I was hoping UAL/CAL would come up with something new like Delta (which I think is very classy).

http://www.thelooniverse.com/movies/west/saulbass/logos.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Bass

Let me be more clear. The 70 seat RJ's will be flown by mainline. Sorry to have mislead you all with my inaccurate statement. There will be FAR MORE than 70 rjs parked...Let's try about 500 of the 50 and 66 seat RJ's just at UAL alone over about 3-4 years. There we go...now you have the facts.

Let me be more clear. The 70 seat RJ's will be flown by mainline. Sorry to have mislead you all with my inaccurate statement. There will be FAR MORE than 70 rjs parked...Let's try about 500 of the 50 and 66 seat RJ's just at UAL alone over about 3-4 years. There we go...now you have the facts.

I'll bet you any dollar figure you like that this is not what happens.....It would be great no doubt! It's a fantasy! I wish that weren't the case... So you're saying that all the CRJ 7's will be brought in house and the majority of the other RJ's will be parked?

Really!? The new United will have no regional contracts?

I'll bet you any dollar figure you like that this is not what happens.....It would be great no doubt! It's a fantasy! I wish that weren't the case... So you're saying that all the CRJ 7's will be brought in house and the majority of the other RJ's will be parked?

Really!? The new United will have no regional contracts?

Anything over 50 seats will be flown in house after the current contracts expire. UAL will purchase planes w/ 90+ seats.

Latest resources

Back