• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pic of first AC in "new" United livery

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Should have kept the "Continental" name. "United" blows, both as an airline and in that paint scheme. Its an insult to all Continental pilots.

Actually, the pictures give me a headache. My brain looks at the paint (CAL) and the name (United) and can't yet reconcile the two... I agree the font on the name looks uninspiring - a bit blunt and out of place.

Let the fun integration begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bah...looks terrible

Good, good. This will be a nice lesson for all the teens out there. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. Speaking of hatches...I'm sure that scope will eventually ELIMINATE 70 RJ's flown by all the teens out there. I know at least half of the United pilots OUTLAW over 50 seaters. Good luck it will be tough out there for you youngans.

Thats kind of like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it. E-145 time in your past? Gee, how did you get your experience.

I've always thought CAL planes looked pretty cool. Changing the name to UNITED doesn't make it look any less cool.

I still like the UA on tail...when did that start in mid/late 1970's?

They can't put UA on the tail because the A stands for airline and the company is no longer an airline, but a holdings corporation. The official name is United Continental Holdings, Inc. Reflective of the main objective of the company, to make as much money as possible as quickly as possible for the top 2% who stand to lose nothing but gain much in this whole affair.

Latest resources

Back