Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piaggio Jet Coming - Maybe Avantair Will Add Jets To Lineup???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I spent a few weeks at the Piaggio factory in Genoa last summer. The general consensus, at least among the test pilots, is that they don't want a Piaggio Jet. They'd rather see an Avanti III with anti-skid, FADEC and perhaps a small APU in place of the clunky air conditioner in the back.

I don't know how many of you have been to the factory, but my grandpas garage is bigger than that place. They'd have to purchase an entire new facility to build the jets. Land ain't cheap in Italy...

Like I said, Id rather them concentrate on an improved Avanti and see them keep up with the current deliveries...

I'm with you. More powerful engines, FADEC, improved prop design, anti-skid. All of these technologies are already ready for implementation. One last tweaking of the Avanti before moveing into uncharted territory.

It has always amazed me that any manufacture would put a windshield on an aircraft that has the same aerodynamics as a windshield installed on a pick up truck. (the new dodge ram excluded)
I am no engineer, but i did stay at the holiday in express last night.

You said it...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back