• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PositiveRate

Refugee
Phx - Ame

Now that Battersby is no longer doing medicals, anyone have any recommendations for a good AME in the Phoenix area?

What about Stavros?

Anyone to avoid?

Last edited:
Went to Stavros.....Great

I used to go to Battersby..... You'll love Stavros if you liked Battersby!

Dr John McCarville at 44th street and Osborn.

You'll thank me later.

I don't know of anyone to avoid.

I use Dr McCarville as well and agree. You just have to keep track of when your ekg is due (if you are of a certain age), he doesn't track that.

Besides the quiet, loving, respectful relationship he has with Cathleen the office manager is something to behold. ;)

I use Dr McCarville as well and agree. You just have to keep track of when your ekg is due (if you are of a certain age), he doesn't track that.

Besides the quiet, loving, respectful relationship he has with Cathleen the office manager is something to behold. ;)
When I was doing FAA CFIing, I sent all of my students to him. They loved him.

One was a very nice looking 59 YO widow. He took an instant liking to her and I guess he took like 45 minutes to show her all of the pics on the wall.

That's the longest amount of time I've ever heard of anyone spending in his office. :)

If anyone has a chance, don't deprive yourself the opportunity of this experience. I hope he lives to be 110 and continues to do medicals until the day he kicks it, but reality dictates the he most likely won't be in business much longer.

Last edited:
Now that Battersby is no longer doing medicals, anyone have any recommendations for a good AME in the Phoenix area?

What about Stavros?

Anyone to avoid?

Anyone know the status of Battersby? I know he isn't doing medicals anymore, but does anyone know how he's doing overall? I had been going to him for years.

I've been going to Stavros for a few years. He now has a website so you can book your appt. georgestavrosmd.com LOL

Latest resources

Back