Phoenix/Scottsdale area jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
750Driver,

Maybe what AZTyped is telling you is to go find the advertised job, interview for the job, and then get an offer.

What he said was that there were 3 advertised jobs, 2 of which he interviewed for.

Its a self serve world and you are first in line...

I know AZTyped and he is not a dick, far from it. And I dont think his remark was "wise" as you infer, but it was certainly intelligent.

750Driver,

Maybe what AZTyped is telling you is to go find the advertised job, interview for the job, and then get an offer.

What he said was that there were 3 advertised jobs, 2 of which he interviewed for.

Its a self serve world and you are first in line...

I know AZTyped and he is not a dick, far from it. And I dont think his remark was "wise" as you infer, but it was certainly intelligent.

I never said he was a dick. All I'm saying is this ... we're all here to exchange information. I gave my opinion based on my experience. If someone is going to come on here and say I'm wrong, that's fine, and I can accept that. If so, educate the rest of us and provide some value to this forum. Any moron can say "Not true", but a professional would back up his statement with details.

If AZTyped is not willing to do so, then maybe he's missed the point of this and other aviation forums. Anyone here that knows me can vouch for the fact that I've always tried to assist others in finding employment; even when I couldn't find a position for myself.

I think you're missing the point. I stated that while it isn't impossible to find positions in PHX/SDL, I have not seen any advertised. If you have information you're not willing to share, then that's fine. Say so and move on.

Everyone here knows its a self-serve world, but this guy asked for information, not a handout. One of the prime reasons that this forum is going into the gutter is because people are always willing to flame a post, but rarely willing to provide a service to others.

Last edited:
I never said he was a dick. All I'm saying is this ... we're all here to exchange information. I gave my opinion based on my experience. If someone is going to come on here and say I'm wrong, that's fine, and I can accept that. If so, educate the rest of us and provide some value to this forum. Any moron can say "Not true", but a professional would back up his statement with details.

If AZTyped is not willing to do so, then maybe he's missed the point of this and other aviation forums. Anyone here that knows me can vouch for the fact that I've always tried to assist others in finding employment; even when I couldn't find a position for myself.

I think you're missing the point. I stated that while it isn't impossible to find positions in PHX/SDL, I have not seen any advertised. If you have information you're not willing to share, then that's fine. Say so and move on.

Everyone here knows its a self-serve world, but this guy asked for information, not a handout. One of the prime reasons that this forum is going into the gutter is because people are always willing to flame a post, but rarely willing to provide a service to others.

No need to get touchy. It sounds like AZTyped followed up on some leads at SDL and proactively sought out opportunities. True that will not always be the case but he was lucky. If you have good flight time/experience and you are lucky you can find some good opportunities. Timing can be everything...

Giant Industries just got an 800XP in the last 6 months or so (replaced their -600).
Dell Webb has an 800XP as well, I think.

Shamrock Foods is looking for a FO on their Lear 45....from what I was told, ASAP! I think they do a 91/135 deal, and I have no info on QOL.

Discount Tire either JUST hired a new guy (9th pilot) or is in the process. Also, their JetStar is for sale (a true antique jet), and they might get another Falcon 900, or a Falcon 2000.

I hear Corporate jets sucks, and I never see their GLEX move - must be broken all the time.

Last edited:
Check the internet for pilot job sites. In the interest of not advertising for them - the big one that everyone uses has lots of jobs posted. Just do a search for SDL - it's that easy.

For what it's worth - just pure 3rd hand info: Shamrock's QOL isn't very good. Again, 3rd hand info. - it's hard to get mechanical stuff taken care of and they've been running with minimal crew staffing until this recent position "opened" up. TOTALLY 3rd. HAND INFO.

AZT

Last edited:
Thought I heard that Dell Webb now operates a Falcon 2000. Seem to be a bunch of Gulfstream operators - GIVs, GIII/GIIs on the field whenever I am there. Looked like the hangers near Scottsdale Air Center are full of Gulfstreams and Excels.

Thought I heard that Dell Webb now operates a Falcon 2000. Seem to be a bunch of Gulfstream operators - GIVs, GIII/GIIs on the field whenever I am there. Looked like the hangers near Scottsdale Air Center are full of Gulfstreams and Excels.

Theres at least 2 GIV. I'd say 7 or 8 II's or III's. Lots of Citation Excels and Citation X's. A lot of the G's not based at SDL are regular visitors.

Dell Webb does have a F2000 come to think of it..maybe wrong though?

The new structure thats being built on the northwest side across from Jet Center looks quite big and I would assume some big stuff will go in there.

Last edited:
The new hangers on the NW side are for Scottsdale Air Center. I have found that many of the older G's at SDL are on charter certificate for 1 of the dozen or so 135 games on the field. It won't be long I think before Snobbsdale residents outlaw the noisy birds out there like Santa Monica or equivelent.

Latest resources

Back