Phoenix/Scottsdale area jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

135fr8r

I have a strong desire to relocate to the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. Does anyone have any info on Hawker operators in the area? If not, where is a decent starting point in looking for other jobs in the area. Thanks in advance.

At SDL try Southwest Jet, Corporate Jets, Pinnacle... not sure if they all have hawkers but they are usually hiring as far as I know.

Aero Jet Services SDL has a 700, 400(fan) and a soon-to-be-delivered 800XP. Beware of the training bond... There are a couple of 91 operators also on the field with a 700, 800A and 800XP.

I have a strong desire to relocate to the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. Does anyone have any info on Hawker operators in the area? If not, where is a decent starting point in looking for other jobs in the area. Thanks in advance.

135fr8,
This area is heavy on experienced corporate pilots, especially out of SDL, where most of the flights originate. I'm not saying its impossible, but finding a quality position is tough down here. You'll be competing with lots of experienced pilots. In 8 years of living here, I rarely if ever, see an advertised position. Good hunting.

Yeah, if you find a G550/450/IV (other than Phelps-Dodge...) let me know. Oh yeah, I'm not into being based in Taipei either. (The lady at Corporate Jets just couldn't understand that. :rolleyes: ) TC

Yeah, if you find a G550/450/IV (other than Phelps-Dodge...) let me know. Oh yeah, I'm not into being based in Taipei either. (The lady at Corporate Jets just couldn't understand that. :rolleyes: ) TC

TC, If I'm ever able to land a GIV or V position ... I'll give you a call :)

135fr8,
This area is heavy on experienced corporate pilots, especially out of SDL, where most of the flights originate. I'm not saying its impossible, but finding a quality position is tough down here. You'll be competing with lots of experienced pilots. In 8 years of living here, I rarely if ever, see an advertised position. Good hunting.

Not True. I've found 3 great positions in SDL - all advertised. I took 2 of them them over the course of 1.5 years and was in the final bunch for the 2nd. The 3rd should be it forever (or until the owners pass). Two of the jobs were on equipment less than 3 years old. I spent 2 weeks when I initially started looking at SDL and had an offer inside of that time frame. Do it right and you're in.

AZT

Not True. I've found 3 great positions in SDL - all advertised. I took 2 of them them over the course of 1.5 years and was in the final bunch for the 2nd. The 3rd should be it forever (or until the owners pass). Two of the jobs were on equipment less than 3 years old. I spent 2 weeks when I initially started looking at SDL and had an offer inside of that time frame. Do it right and you're in.

AZT

Well then, you must know something I don't. Maybe you should be teaching the rest of us your secrets ... like Kit Darby.

Last edited:
Well, I think it's clear now why you seem to have had so much trouble. Good Luck.

AZT

Instead of making wise remarks, maybe you should provide details on where you've sourced these jobs. As you've pointed out, I'm wrong in stating that jobs are not advertised in SDL. So why don't you tell us where you've found all these positions you claim?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back