Phoenix Living

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Juvat,

I like your Avatar! They're getting more creative every day.

By the way, PHX is a nice place to be but it is getting more and more crowded as the Californians are moving in and driving up housing costs (although still pretty reasonable). Be aware that PHX will only be getting bigger and more crowded in the future - food for thought...

If you move to Scottsdale, go ahead and get a divorce. You'll need it! :D TC

Surprise!

I just moved to Surprise in July. I purchased a 3200sq ft 5 bedroom home with 3 car garage for $230,000. Of course it will come in around 300,000 after all the upgrades and pool we are putting in. We love it here. Schools are ok, not great.
However, they are better than they were in Las Vegas(not saying much). I live 36 miles from door step to airport and takes me around 45 minutes without traffic and 60 minutes with stop and go traffic. The commute really isn't that bad. Surprise is a great place to live and it's growing like crazy. Still get a lot of home for the money here. Good luck!

MotoX said:
I just moved to Surprise in July. I purchased a 3200sq ft 5 bedroom home with 3 car garage for $230,000. Of course it will come in around 300,000 after all the upgrades and pool we are putting in. We love it here. Schools are ok, not great.
However, they are better than they were in Las Vegas(not saying much). I live 36 miles from door step to airport and takes me around 45 minutes without traffic and 60 minutes with stop and go traffic. The commute really isn't that bad. Surprise is a great place to live and it's growing like crazy. Still get a lot of home for the money here. Good luck!
Moving to Surprise in July would be a "surprise" for anyone from out of state - it's very hot!!!!! Where is Surprise located directionally from Sky Harbor? West, East? Is it near Glendale or Mesa or Scottsdale? Gotta love those sunsets...

You can't buy a home like that in the LA area for less than $700K. Good job.

Last edited:
It's northwest of PHX. From the airport take the 10 west to the 303 north. It's right next to Suncity West. Close to Glendale also. We really enjoy it here. Friend of mine is a cop here in Surprise. I have been on several rides with him just for kicks and the crime doesn't seem to be bad at all. Now that I said that, I will walk out to my garage and all of my dirtbikes will be stolen, dohhh! Socal has the best weather, but cost of living is crazy! I am from Irvine. Oh, I am sorry! It's now called the "OC"!

My hubby is ATC at Williams Gateway and I am a CFII/MEI here. We just moved, and until we get to know the area we are renting in the Gilbert area. We have a new 2 story home on a golf course and pay $1100 a month in rent.

It is a nice area with alot of growth.

Just my 2 cents for ya :)

Latest resources

Back