Pft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psysicx

What do you think.Some of the military helo pilots I know are thinking about doing this.We all know Tab has a bad record on this board.Is this considered PFT still since there paying you and your not paying them?I still think its a bad idea.

TAB Express Airlines announces, for a limited time; FULL REBATE OF TRAINING COSTS!

Co-pilots, with no experience or with ratings, who sign a 4-year commitment to fly for TAB Express Airlines, will receive repayment of the entire cost of training at the end of the four-year period. The requirements to receive the full repayment at the end of the four years are:

Pass all your oral and flight stage check with a 3.0 average. Must successfully pass your commercial multi-engine check flight on the first try.
Must successfully complete TAB Express Airlines Express 12 and13 (Indoc), and 14 (Beech 1900 type rating).
Must successfully complete and pass an FAA part 135 SIC check ride.
Must successfully complete and pass an FAA part 135 Captain's upgrade ride upon 1500 hrs.
If the FOC has not maintained an average grade of 3.0 on all oral and flight stage checks (private /private multi /instrument and commercial), but has made steady progress, a FOC may request a Captains' board review. A captains board will review the FOC training record and determine whether or not the FOC is capable of successfully completing the remaining training and go on to TAB Express Airlines.

If you are offered and accept the four-year contract, you will be reimbursed your contracted training cost for Express 1 through Express 15 less the payments that you will receive during Express 15. TAB Express does not reimburse you for living expenses, check rides or other expenses incurred during training. Pay is above industry average with First Officer Candidates receiving $25/flight hour (after completing 250 flight hours in the Beech 1900 with TAB Express Airlines) and Captains receiving $35/flight hour. Upgrades to Captain are at 1500 hours. Classes are filling up quickly. Call toll-free at 866-785-0092 now for more information.

TAB Express has recognized an industry-wide pilot turnover of 60% for most small commuter airlines, resulting in substantially high training costs. By offering this incentive, TAB Express Airlines hopes to build a solid four-year pilot base.

Advantages:

Above industry average First Officer ($25/flight hour) and Captain ($35/flight hour) pay.
Upgrade for First Officer to Captain at 1500 hours.
"Florida's Home-Grown Airline" means you're home every night.
No large training debt to carry after completing your four years with TAB Express Airlines.
After completing your Captain PIC requirements with TAB, you are qualified to interview for most major U.S. airline carriers.
20-year low-interest loans at rates a few points above LIBOR, 20-month deferment or longer to cover training costs.
No college degree required entering regional airlines. (Only a 2-year degree and working on a 4-year degree are required to enter most major airlines.)
Build college credit while you train for TAB Express Airlines.
Most aviation colleges recognize TAB Express Airlines training program as a year and a half of college credit.
Most aviation colleges with distant learning programs (college via the internet) give up to a year and a half credit for obtaining a commercial pilot's license. This only leaves a half year of college credit for you to obtain a 2-year degree making you eligible for most major airlines.
Once you've completed your training and have built your flight time to 500 hours with TAB Express Airlines, TAB Express Airlines will help get an interview with a regional U.S. airline, if you do not sign a contract to fly with TAB Express Airlines

Last edited:
i don't know anything about their program other than the advertisements I see for it in aviation related mags.. however, they've been advertising for their "up and coming airline" for years now. I don't think there is actually a flying TAB Express airline, is there???

that alone would make me very cautious.

BTW, why are military helo pilots thinking of doing this? Can they not land a good job based on their military merits/experience/training alone?

BTW, why are military helo pilots thinking of doing this? Can they not land a good job based on their military merits/experience/training alone?

Because airlines and most flight departments require X amount of fixed wing time (hours) and it is impossible to land one of these gigs solely with helo time which is pretty much all the majority of these guys have when leaving active duty.

As for the original post, ask yourself a simple question, can see yourself spending 4+ years at Tab. Ain't nuttin for free in this world that is worth anything.

I would love to see the actual contract. I could only imagine what it is comprised of.

Not Safe!

Tell your friends something important. TAB does not operate as an airline yet. Their current 135 certificate is very limited by the fact that they only have one 1900C on it. TAB will most likely never make it as a 121 operator in Florida. They are advertising something that does not exist. Between GIA, CHQ, PSA, Vintage Props, and many (!) others, there is no room for any 121 competition. There are also no codeshares to aquire to any airports worthwhile.

At GIA about 15% of the pilots are Army helo guys. A few of them are Captains that got asked to stick around. If money and time is a concern, then they should look at Gulfstream. From my personal knowledge of TAB, I wouldn't give that company a dime. If your friends want a cheaper, better, and more solid experience, tell them to instruct. Being a CFI is always the best way.

Do NOT...I repeat Do NOT go to TAB Express. They will steal your money and your time.

The only thing you will get at TAB is FRAUD and DECEIT.

I know a few people there that are in hundreds of thousands of debt and not a single hour in a BE1900 and the crooks will not refund their money.

DO not go there...they will steal from you.

Don't pay the TAB

. . . or drink any TAB cola. Read the comments above. Please, search the board for TAB. TAB holds itself out as "Florida's Own Airline," but where is its operating certifcate? TAB students are paying, and paying, and paying. How do you spell "fraud"? I spell it TAB Express. Beware of any advertising that has "First Officer," "First Officer Training Program," or addresses generically, "Dear Prospective First Officer."

I recall that the operatives at TAB had run that school in Orlando (I cannot recall the name at the moment) that shuttered its doors after taking students for thousands of dollars.

TAB is P-F-T in its worst incarnation.

Last edited:
Yea bobby...it was ATA or something like that with the sidekick Discover Air operating J31's or was it Emb120's don't know...those people got hosed...same management team...can't believe they have the gall to show their faces at Airinc after screwing so many people.

The only thing that will stop them is a class action lawsuit along the lines of fraud in the inducement and bank fraud.

Yet another buy-a-job program. I bet training is foaming at the mouth right about now. Sounds to me like they're just giving you $25 bucks an hour for the time, and in 4 years, you'll have made back your training costs. :)

TAB took a friend of mine for about $60K, and never came through on the job interview they promised him. They are a CRAP company. I advise anybody to RUN RUN FAR AWAY!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back