PFT-rtfq

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PSAChiefPilots said:
Shouldn't you be on the "MAJORS" board???
I was at Air, Inc. in Miami and your recruiters stated that the EMB190 is not a Regional Jet...Interesting?

About the 190,

the 190 has a MTOW of 114,200lbs Length of 118ft, wing span of 94 ft, and a cabin height of 6' 7". The operational area of the 190 on the ground is just a little smaller than the 320. So when does an airplane stop being an rj? The BAC 111 2&2 seat aircraft with the largest capacity being the 500 series that could go up to 119 pax, F28 mk4000 85pax, DC-9-10 90 pax in the origional version. The above mention cabin class aircraft I don't remember being refered to as rj's, so where does the lable end?

Regardless of what it is refered to as, I can promise you one thing the customers will know the difference between it and the cl-65 and emb 145's.

Things are wonderful, best of luck to ya!

Later

Call me gay, but personally I didn't mind the roomate during training. I probably spent twice as much time studying because of double occupancy, since my roomate and I were constantly quizzing each other on flows, memory items, etc etc.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that setup really helped build comradarie within the newhire class; a year later, I still remember the first name of all 31. Since you already have to hang out with the roomate, you're more likely to get to know all your other classmates too rather than isoloate yourself and be a loner (which can be a real hinderance for some trainees from what I hear). It also helps that you switch roomates to your sim partner once the training progresses past indoc and systems into the FTD's and Sims. I suppose 9 weeks with the same person could get taxing.

One more thing about training at Expressjet; you get free breakfast every morning and discount on the rest of your meals at the hotel restaurant.

You can call an Airbus 330 an "RJ" if you can find an FO to fly it for $20/hr.

I think the term RJ has a lot more to do with pilot career expectations than it does aircraft capability these days.

FurloughedAgain said:
I think the term RJ has a lot more to do with pilot career expectations than it does aircraft capability these days.

I agree with you 100%, maybe people should pay attention to the fact jetBlue is not calling it an rj.

Ok!

Smoking Man said:
I agree with you 100%, maybe people should pay attention to the fact jetBlue is not calling it an rj.

Yeah, I think PSA is calling the 701 a "Jumbo Rj" and the 900 could be called a "gigantic RJ"...Would same said People please take notice. Right!

Is you guys call sign "Kool Aid"?

Have they decided if the 190 guys go from 190 CApt to 320 FO or Seat Lock, or what....Interested pilots would like to know!

Check ya later!
PSACPSP

PSAChiefPilots said:
Yeah, I think PSA is calling the 701 a "Jumbo Rj" and the 900 could be called a "gigantic RJ"...Would same said People please take notice. Right!

Is you guys call sign "Kool Aid"?

Have they decided if the 190 guys go from 190 CApt to 320 FO or Seat Lock, or what....Interested pilots would like to know!

Check ya later!
PSACPSP

Not quite sure what your stance is on this PSA, but they do have a point here, the 737-200 grosses out at 118,000 pounds and a 190 is 114,000 pounds........so apparantly the difference between an RJ and a 737 is 4000 pounds and around $60,000 for the left seat.

If we continue to allow the managment types to go this direction, you have already hit the pinnacle of your career and your earning potential as the head honcho on an RJ.

Boeing and Douglas started out by building "regional" airplanes (247,DC-3) But that doesn't mean that a 747 and a MD-11 are RJ's.

PSAChiefPilots said:
We are "PSA" not Pacific Southwest Airlines....That may have been the original abbreviation for them but our certificate and everything associated with has "PSA", Nothing with Pacific .... Yes, that's were it came from, but that's where it ends. It was all about statue of limitations and US Air worrying about someone using the name to start another airline, something about Brand recognition. Same thing with Henson changing their name to Piedmont. Most kids today have no idea about PSA, Eastern, Braniff, Pan AM, or anything that combined to make US Airways Ie. Mohawk, All American, Allegheny, Etc. It's all a dang shame. THX

I am aware of that and yes it is a shame how all these great companies ended up in the sewer known currently as US Airways ( let's hope America West isn't the next name to be flushed into this black hole) I also am aware of where your "JS" on your company id number came from. You were originally Jetstream International Airline which was before that Vee Neal Airlines flying the first Jetstream 31's delivered in the US back in the early 80's. I also know where your callsign of "Blue Streak" came from.

I guarantee you wouldn't be known as PSA if US Air didn't buy out Pacific Southwest 15 or so years ago. No big deal in my opinion... It would however be nice if you would bring back the smiling faces on and in your brands' airplanes. Especially on the mainline version since they are dragging you out to sea with thier piss poor service and attitude.

I wish you and PSA the best.

Smoking Man said:
About the 190,

the 190 has a MTOW of 114,200lbs Length of 118ft, wing span of 94 ft, and a cabin height of 6' 7". The operational area of the 190 on the ground is just a little smaller than the 320. So when does an airplane stop being an rj? The BAC 111 2&2 seat aircraft with the largest capacity being the 500 series that could go up to 119 pax, F28 mk4000 85pax, DC-9-10 90 pax in the origional version. The above mention cabin class aircraft I don't remember being refered to as rj's, so where does the lable end?

Later

Easy. Ask yourself this... How many G4 or G5 captains do you hear saying they fly an RJ? none How many make more money than an entire crew (all 4) on an E170? I am guessing darn near all of them. Don't like that one ok how bout looking at the DC9. 100 seats that's less than the E190. Any regional flying them I say fine do so... if it's paid on par with the MAJORS flying that size plane currently.

How many of you would be interested in flying a Cessna 172 for 80 hours a month for $100K?

It's not about the size of the plane it's all about the size of the PAYCHECK!!!!!

Latest resources

Back