• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

PFT...just look at the thread, its not what you think it is

Almerick07

Professional Surf Bum
Total Time
I know everyone has heard of TabExpress....I was just wondering what happened to them, if anyone had the story of why they arent taking peoples money anymore.

AGuyThatFlys

Prepare to be boarded!
Total Time
1500+
Do a search. They closed shop a few months ago, I think. I guess the pyramid scheme finally collapsed.

mayday1

Total Time
>1
yep, they're closed.. took students money and ran...

flyerswife

Total Time
3100+
search this site?

How does one search this site... besides scrolling through all the posts?

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
at the top of the page, there's the word "search" with a downward pointing triangle next to it. click it once and a box will appear. type whatever it is you're searching for in there and read the results or you can click advanced to limit what you get.

flyerswife

Total Time
3100+
using the search feature

Yes, thank you.. I found it after sending my post.

I'm looking for any information on SimCenter or a program like it. Is it legit? do pilots actually find employment after going through such a program?

My husband has 3100TT 510Multi ATP .... has interviewed at a few regionals like Cape Air... but has not been hired. I'm trying to find something to help him like the program SimCenter advertises. Although, the program does seem too good to be true.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

350DRIVER

flyerswife said:
Yes, thank you.. I found it after sending my post.

I'm looking for any information on SimCenter or a program like it. Is it legit? do pilots actually find employment after going through such a program?

My husband has 3100TT 510Multi ATP .... has interviewed at a few regionals like Cape Air... but has not been hired. I'm trying to find something to help him like the program SimCenter advertises. Although, the program does seem too good to be true.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
Is it legit?. Yes, is it worth it?. Depends on who you ask but I certainly wouldn't pay a single dime let alone $33,000 to fly for Custom Air Transport or "buy into" what they are trying to sell off. At 3100 hours, 510 multi, ATP I would not even give this a second thought. A no brainer in my opinion. The program is not too good to be true, you basically "buy" your way onto the flight deck through this school who does the contracted training for Custom.

Tell him to do some research, with his times some company should hire him at some point and train him at the company's expense, not his.

That program is merely a "gamble", after 500 hours they are not contractually obligated or binded to keep him onboard contrary to popular belief(s).

"on the payroll", gotta love marketing at it's finest.

http://www.simcenter.cc/flight_internship.php

flyerswife

Total Time
3100+
Called SimCenter... but..

My husband called SimCenter today.. seems he is not eligible for their program because he is not a US citizen... but he has his permanent visa.

Oh well.. we will keep trying.

350DRIVER

flyerswife said:
My husband called SimCenter today.. seems he is not eligible for their program because he is not a US citizen... but he has his permanent visa.

Oh well.. we will keep trying.
It should be viewed as a blessing from God.
It is also a savings of over $30,000 + as well.

flyerswife

Total Time
3100+
You are probably right. But the leaves him right back where he was...

Thanks again for your help.

NoPax

NoPax NoMore
Total Time
Flyerswife:

Not eligible because he's not a US citizen is B.S.

The only places I know that require US citizenship are DOD contractors that require a secret/top-secret clearance (read: miliary pilots). I'm not sure if CAT is one or not.

He will require a TSA background check, and fingerprinting ($130 fee I think)

I'm a UK citizen with Permanent Residency, and have an equal right to employment and training in this country as any other Pilot.

flyerswife

Total Time
3100+
non-citizen

That is what they told him... there are a few cargo companies advertising that way.. not sure if they have contracts with DOD or not...

Having the right to work and actually finding someone to hire you.. not always the same... Have you encountered any problems?

Either way, he is still looking. We are not giving up!

LAFrequentflyer

Total Time
<1,500
cargo companies doing work for DOD

Which cargo companies are doing work for DoD and require a Secret / TS?

-LA

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
flyerswife said:
Not that it should matter... but he is European.
oh. OH! ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. that's not good. not good at all. i think that he should just hang up the epaulets and just walk away. it's easier that way ;)

what part of europe is he from? just out of curiosity.

jaxpilot

Total Time
3000+
i ask because i know a guy with similar times that could not get a job, but he was lebanese.

BLing

Total Time
Almerick07 said:
I know everyone has heard of TabExpress....I was just wondering what happened to them, if anyone had the story of why they arent taking peoples money anymore.
Pay your dues man...Say no to PFT!!!