• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PFT Is this?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is definately P-F-T. Also known as P-F-A-J...pay for a job. (these would be considered nice terms).

Not much more I can add.

I can't tell you how much that ad distresses me.

Someone right here on this board recommended Epic to me as an employer, so I had conversations with the owner's wife, who is a really nice lady, and some other folks there at Epic. Around five weeks ago they had approximately 14 instructors, and not all were busy. They didn't anticipate a need for additional instructors. The owner's wife recommended that I call VP&J, which is right on the field with Epic, and fax my info since I am just under the IFR 135 mins.

Here's the kicker: the chief pilot told me that I would have to have an ATP as a MINIMUM for working with his little airline.

I guess the other minimum is twenty grand. So sad....

Remember kids, this is not really a job, and the $1,000 FO pay doesn't change that. When you have your King Air time, you are OUT. That is, unless you are silly enough to have done this with ATP qualifications.

Friends don't let friends PFT.

The sad thing is I think a lot of recent (or soon to be) riddle grads might eat this up.

Not only is it PFT but you cant log SIC time in a KA100. Its a single pilot airplane under Part 91 and under 135 an SIC would only be required if they werent exempted under 135.105 which is rare for a King Air operator

I would hate to have to explain 100 hrs of SIC King Air time at an airline interview

Maybe

Not that I think this is a great program, however, I believe that you can log the time if the airline ops manual deals with it. As example, Airnet has a program to build time to get to the 135 minimums. Their ops manual deals with second officer flying and it is loggable, i believe. Check it out.

The PFT part is questionble too. If a 2nd officer is not required, you are not taking a paying job away from someone as they are not required, which is one basis for PFT haters

>The PFT part is questionble too. If a 2nd officer is not required, you are not taking a paying job away from someone as they are not required, which is one basis for PFT haters.<

Almost right. You don't need a two crew aircraft to arouse PFT ire. In any situation where an operator wants two pilots in his airplane, be it a King Air or a Cherokee 140, he should be paying BOTH pilots for their professional services, not just paying the PIC of the single pilot aircraft and taking money from the second pilot for the privilege of the ride-along. Single pilot ops are still PFT if a pilot was not hired and paid to satisfy the operator's desire for two people in the cockpit.

Someone who knows for sure correct me if I am wrong

Just because an airline or company SOP/GOM calls for a 2 person crew does not make it loggable per the FARs.

I think what the FAA means about "required crewmember" is required due to the type operation (121/135) or type aircraft (727/737.etc)

I could start a 135 operation with a Cessna 172 and require a copilot. That doesnt mean that copilot can log that time as SIC

Regarding Airnet - it seems to me that it doesn't really matter what the FAA thinks of the time - but rather what a future employer would think. Having said that though, it sounds like most people in general consider Airnet to not only be a legit place to build time, but a good company too.

...or rather, it DOES matter what the FAA thinks, but in the end it doesn't mean squat if a future employer calls BS.

Latest resources

Back