Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Personal Jet, Low Flying LearJet, Thanks Guys!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If its done right, absolutely nothing can happen to any aircrafts airframe, period.

true, but the problem is the guys who think they know what they are doing and don't. You get the guys who have rolled something else or rolled the sim and now think they are Bob Hoover... It parallels the classic aviation statistic that a majority of pilots think they have above average flying skills.

You can fly GENTLE aerobatics in anything and not hurt the airframe or engines (you may or may not be able to avoid hurting avionics, depending on your equipment). You can even take a turbocahrged, multi-engine recip and, with adequate planning, do a routine without shock-cooling, beating on turbochargers, lugging the engine, or otherwsie shortening the fatigue life of the aircraft. Again, the key is planning, knowledge and awareness. It doesn't take any above average skill to fly aerobatics. Rather than dissecting the factors and hazards associated with a maneuver, laypeople will simply attribute a performance to a "great" pilot.

The problem is that these same laypeople will eventually consider themselves "great" pilots. Then they will try doing these things without adequate planning, knowledge or awareness. So compressor stalls, failure to control power/thrust at high or low attitudes, excessive entry and recovery stresses are seen.

This effect doesn't just apply to aerobatics. The same thing is seen with regard to weather and other factors.

How does this relate to Lear in Florida? Well, they were doing this stuff in plain sight of everyone, so they allowed themselves to be stupid in a position where they could be caught. Did they know what they were doing? Did they only think they knew what they were doing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjzr-muZpEwYou can do this routine ALL DAY LONG and not stress a rivet

"Bobby Younkin most pilots are not, Yoda says."

I don't think anyone has said nobody could roll an aircraft that wasn't designed for it without over stressing it.

Whether they should or not has already been decided by the manufacturers and the FAA.

The pilots doing aerobatics in these airplanes and the "don't deviate, you might be late" mindset all are very much like the girl who tells you after you've had unprotected sex, "By the way I have Hepatitis C, but don't worry about it, you won't get it."

A disregard for the entire aviation community is also very much at play here, not just the disregard for the lives and families of everyone who might be affected by the eventual bad outcome of this type of behavior.

The mindset of a good pilot is the most difficult thing by far to teach. As we've all seen, you can teach any idiot to perform the mechanics of flying the plane.

This whole incident is starting to sound like it's based on unsubstantiated rumors started by disgruntled aviation neighbors with an agenda. I'm assuming the FAA investigation is ongoing, but I think the "paper" that initially reported this is guilty of doing some pretty crappy reporting. The fact that you can't even find the link on their paper outside of the google cache speaks volumes in my mind.

I also heard a lot of second hand information from people in the south FL aviation community, but I really wish I would've left it at that before commenting on it publicly. I think this whole thing stinks somehow...

This whole incident is starting to sound like it's based on unsubstantiated rumors started by disgruntled aviation neighbors with an agenda.

Are you talking about the roll or just the low flying? Have you looked at these 3 pages of flight profile info? If its real then I'd say this would prove the buzzjob part of it. Anyone know how the paper would have gotten ahold of it? I would not have thought the FAA would make this kind of stuff public, at least this quick. Or is this just some different flightaware-type flight tracker program I'm not familiar with?

http://www.deerfieldbeachobserver.winningcampaignsite.com/f/Lear_Jet_Path.pdf

Last edited:
Are you talking about the roll or just the low flying? Have you looked at these 3 pages of flight profile info? If its real then I'd say this would prove the buzzjob part of it. Anyone know how the paper would have gotten ahold of it? I would not have thought the FAA would make this kind of stuff public, at least this quick. Or is this just some different flightaware-type flight tracker program I'm not familiar with?

http://www.deerfieldbeachobserver.winningcampaignsite.com/f/Lear_Jet_Path.pdf

I'm talking about the whole thing. I think your questions are good ones, but at this point I'm just going to butt out and maybe someday we'll hear the whole story.

I call shenanigans on this whole story. I found a photo of this Learjet on landing with the same background, except that it has its gear and flaps down. Someone photoshopped the Learjet to appear that it was buzzing Deerfield, but it really wasn't. It was either an April Fool's Day story or a newspaper with a piss-poor editor who can't tell the difference between a real story and a fake one. It might be the latter because the original story was pulled from the website. I hope the publisher also pulled the editor from the newspaper because it was neither funny if it was an April Fool's Day story nor true if reported as such.

Latest resources

Back