Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Personal Jet, Low Flying LearJet, Thanks Guys!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can see the pilots that fly that plane after them at every FBO "hey aren't you the guys that did that low level flyby out in south florida?" Fortunately they didn't screw it up and get somebody hurt or worse...

Is there a grace period to getting them back. I know yrs ago Northwest had a pilot lose his certs. from a "Fly DWI", then retook all the exams and BAM... NW hired him back. But can one begin the recertification process right away or does a certain amount of time need to transpire. How do these revocation proceedings work.

I'm pretty sure the NW crew had their certs revoked rather than suspended. In this particular incident, I don't know what happened to the CA. But I do know the F/O had her certificate suspended. I don't know how long it was for or what else is happening. Like I said, I try not to engage in conversation with this individual, she isn't very nice to talk to.

The steamgauge gyros I fly actually have travel-limits listed in the specifications. They can't do a full 360 without recaging and restabilizing and that is very hard on gyros. Having taught acro in a CAP10b for two years, I've seen relatively few pilots who can do perfect barrel rolls. And who could do it in a transport aircraft with a much reduced roll rate perfectly on the first attempt? Again, maybe guys like Tex Johnson.

Check out youtube for his 707 roll. Then go to the collage of crashes where you'll see an SNJ, a P-38, an F-86, and a Spitfire all splatter themselves. Isn't there some Lear crew that survived a roll in the cargo world, but trashed the plane?

I guess this is a hot-button, because of all the fatalities I've seen. Go rent a Pitts, thrash it till ya puke, then go back to +/- 100 feet and 10 degrees.

These pilots demonstrate a total lack of respect for the entire aviation community and as phr8dawg mentioned a disregard for the integrity of the airframe and the lives of future crews/passengers.

Stupid move.

lots more to a simple roll than meets the eye.
In a not aerobatic craft DONT DO IT. gyros, engines, motor mounts, FCUs, oil systems, (I could go on) could be adversely affected. you can speek your 1g nonsence all day but I dont buy it.
There is a video on youtube of some guy in a 402 or 414 doing a roll, think of the rotational loads on the 600 lbs in the tip tanks. This is a obvious example.
lastly, I dont want to be the test pilot in the plane you just botched a roll in. Be a pro and dont roll.

lots more to a simple roll than meets the eye.
In a not aerobatic craft DONT DO IT. gyros, engines, motor mounts, FCUs, oil systems, (I could go on) could be adversely affected. you can speek your 1g nonsence all day but I dont buy it.
There is a video on youtube of some guy in a 402 or 414 doing a roll, think of the rotational loads on the 600 lbs in the tip tanks. This is a obvious example.
lastly, I dont want to be the test pilot in the plane you just botched a roll in. Be a pro and dont roll.

If its done right, absolutely nothing can happen to any aircrafts airframe, period. Maybe instruments and other stuff, but not the airframe. But you're right, why argue the issue.

I'll be posting pics tomorrow of a Hawker 800XP that just came into FXE about 14 days ago and its totaled. The skin is wrinkled all the way down both sides and the wing roots are all disfigured. Morons tried to literally "snap roll it" like they were ina Pitts several times with close to FULL WING FUEL....lol. Talk about a-holes. Saw it 2 days ago in the hangar when I got back from a flight, but didn't have my camera. Its totaled and will never fly again. I think it had 1,000 hours on it. The story is hilarious and a perfect example of how doing a roll improperly will destroy a plane that is not built for it. And for the record, I don't think anyone should be rolling corporate jets. Dickhead captain tried to tell everyone he made a hard landing into FXE, yet the tires are all perfect. 9 days later, the co-pilot finally talked...lol.

I'll make a new thread.

If its done right, absolutely nothing can happen to any aircrafts airframe, period. Maybe instruments and other stuff, but not the airframe. But you're right, why argue the issue.

I'll be posting pics tomorrow of a Hawker 800XP that just came into FXE about 14 days ago and its totaled. The skin is wrinkled all the way down both sides and the wing roots are all disfigured. Morons tried to literally "snap roll it" like they were ina Pitts several times with close to FULL WING FUEL....lol. Talk about a-holes. Saw it 2 days ago in the hangar when I got back from a flight, but didn't have my camera. Its totaled and will never fly again. I think it had 1,000 hours on it. The story is hilarious and a perfect example of how doing a roll improperly will destroy a plane that is not built for it. And for the record, I don't think anyone should be rolling corporate jets. Dickhead captain tried to tell everyone he made a hard landing into FXE, yet the tires are all perfect. 9 days later, the co-pilot finally talked...lol.

I'll make a new thread.

looking forward to these beauties! hard landing... huh? jeeez... and only 1000 hours!

rolling

Back at my first corporate job there was this flight crew that rolled a GIII.

The crew came in laughing it all up and I couldn't figure out what they were so happy about. This particular crew had been flying together for about 20 years (going back to cargo, airlines, etc.) and were usually not too thrilled about flying anymore.

Turns out they thought they got away with it until the D.O. walked into the office the next day and asked,"How did some blue juice get on the ceiling!".

The crew was fired on the spot.

Good times.

Thinking about it more it wasn't blue juice, it was something from the rear galley...but still, funny stuff.

I've heard a blue juice story. Something about a crew picked up a Falcon 50 out of re-rag in Little Rock and decided to give the roll a shot on the way home. They obviously didn't keep it at 1g and ended up with blue juice on the brand new headliner. Pulled a U-turn and took it right back to LIT.

Latest resources

Back