Penny for your thoughts? (91k)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Long overdue increase in Safety.

The cost will be MORE CREWS will be necessary to staff for Demand. I would estimate 7 pilots per aircraft will be required if we want to run these ships 24/7 or at least have them manned by Reserve pilots meet the on-demand nature of the business.

At a fractional with about 380 planes the pilot force should be about 2660. We are over 600 pilots short if we want to comfortably comply with the new rules.

I think fatigue calls will spike, especially for the crews given 0001 local show, particularly if they have to sit in their cars due to the FBO being closed. I also think 91K is the leverage that the union and MEC have wanted for upcoming negotations.

Pilots and Flight Managers are going to be caught in the middle until management and the union reach a new TA to address the "challenges" that 91K presents.

Just my $0.02.

gunfyter said:
Long overdue increase in Safety.

The cost will be MORE CREWS will be necessary to staff for Demand. I would estimate 7 pilots per aircraft will be required if we want to run these ships 24/7 or at least have them manned by Reserve pilots meet the on-demand nature of the business.

At a fractional with about 380 planes the pilot force should be about 2660. We are over 600 pilots short if we want to comfortably comply with the new rules.

Gunfyter hit the nail on the head. 91K will require MORE CREWS to support the demand. Because crew duty lines now have to be set prior to shutdown we will need more crews on duty at various FBO's to support he 24/7 ops. Ferrying to drop a/c into these FBO's for the "new" crews will increase. Many crews will be brought on earlier and held on later to give us recovery options. Owners, however, will continue to book new trips after crews are shutdown and a/c will continue to break in the middle of the night.

Sorry to say it, but it's going to suck for all of us (at least for a while) until we work out some of the bugs of course. The good news is that you should be able to manage your rest better under 91K as your showtimes cannot be changed.

My $0.02

91K is good....Scheduling is bad....Need the ability to see the big picture at the begining of the day, not the end....

Maybe 6 months from now it will settle into good for everyone...

BTW I love the FM's and I know their jobs suck being caught in the middle of this crap...

Latest resources

Back