• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pennekamp vs. ASACoalition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're missing my point. I never said having a family and getting older made you worth more money. What I said was that, as you get older and take on more expenses you realize the gap between what you're paid and what you're worth. In other words, it's far easier to stomach being underpaid as a 25 year old single guy with little to no overhead than it is to stomach being an underpaid 35 year old married guy with kids, medical bills, and a mortgage payment. I never made a correlation between a person's age/family status and their worth. I simply made the point that someone with more financial obligations is far more aware of the divide between what they are paid and what they are worth than someone with no financial obligations is. In my opinion.
I knew what you meant. I was just enjoying yanking your chain because you're usually such an A$$hole to everyone else.

I knew what you meant. I was just enjoying yanking your chain because you're usually such an A$$hole to everyone else.

Um, ok. I don't think I'm usually an a$$hole to everyone else. I may have been an a$$hole to veeone last night, but I also may have been drinking at the time. I realize I may have been a bit harsh, but I think my general point was valid. I think I was duly spanked for my knee-jerk reaction to his post.

I have my opinions, and I have every right to state them. I will continue to do so, a$$hole or no. Although, when the Maker's Mark isn't doing the talking, I tend to be a bit more levelheaded.

By the way, VeeOne.... Sorry. I stand by my general point, but the manner in which I presented it was way out of line. Unfortunately, when you wake up the next day and head for the "edit button" it's not there anymore.

Last edited:
Do you have proof that they have been negotiating with management, or are you listening to people like Pennekamp who stoop so low as to make fun of people with Alzheimers?

Call me a stickler for dignity and respect and intelligence, but I see none of it coming from the current leadership!

I have supported this MEC up until now, but I think that has been a mistake. What is the other side promissing?

Thanks for the publicity, Irish.

By now, you should know that at my age I care little what anyone thinks of me.

If you want to be a whiny crybaby and make my comments universal, like the republicans trying to transform Kerry's stupid comment into a description of the whole democratic party, go for it. I speak for no one but me. Oh, by the way, glad that worked out for them, given the outcome of the election.

My link was meant to be a light hearted poke at Lynn, since she can't seem to remember the outcome of her last two turns as a union rep. Not a commentary on Alzheimer's Disease.

Oh, and by the way, my mother and grandmother died of Alzheimers, so spare me the "making fun of alzheimers" argument. I am well aware of the disease, and will probably get it myself since it runs in my family.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back