• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Peidmont "Minimums" - Have A Pulse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amen to that...The majority of people at UND do not have the holier than thou attitude; however, there is still a few idiots in the bunch that ruin it for everyone else. It's great that PDT has offered the opportunity to lower time pilots including the Purdue bunch. If low time pilots can hack the ground school and sims, more power to them to succeed. Good luck to everyone starting at PDT!!!!

Hey to who it concerns. I left UND in December of 2000. I was hired by Piedmont before I graduated. I spent 2 and a half years there and had a great time. I met a lot of great people and I got a lot of experience. I now fly at Comair, I am having the best time of my life, and I am a very happy pilot.

Hey WSurf, I can't believe that senior Captains are going to MDA without a defined benefit's program, retirement, or contract for that matter. Things at Henson must really be going downhill fast..... good luck.

EightDriver,

I dont think anyone that has 5 years or less will go, because of retirement and social security bridge. However with the pay increase which can be from 30-40k a year, many feel that they can go, max out there 401k(plus company contribution). But your right, many will stay. But I think that people with 5 or more years left will go to MDA. PDT contract is up, I think in 2008 and much will change then. I need to talk to some more guys on this, however I am just a 4.5 year lonely FO at PDT... LOL.... If I hear any good reasons to go or stay I will post them on here...

Good Luck

I'd go if I were you WSURF. Get the hell out of that sh!thole. I would go if I were still there. That's for sure.

The last UND guy I ran into was about 6 years ago in Pierre?, SD. It was great when he walked over to the aircraft with his Capt. Bars on and did'nt believe us when we told him we came from Reno, Nevada. He looked around the cockpit for a minute, and then asked where was our GPS or RNAV. When I told him we didn't have one he looked confused and then asked how we got there. True story. Had to tell being a Purdue guy. No flame intended, just some good clean humor.

If It Survives.......

In the body of Boiler's post, I observed the key phrase;

"IF US/PDT survives" in reference for time building.

The only thing Henson/Piedmont is doing right now is something akin to re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Their survival is extremely questionable, and coupling that with the fact that they have people "burned in" there harder than a brand on a prized steer - your chances for upgrade are ridiculous.

Also given recent "intel" from my spy network on their retarded sick policy, your quality of life would be better in a Freightliner hauling hog carcasses to Liberal Kansas.......

Wait a minute..... That's way too mean.... Liberal is actually a pretty cool town. Sorry about that.

Smells Kind of Fishy

Fin,

Let's just say that I hung out at Chick's Oyster Bar a long time ago before it sucked, and leave it at that.

Draw your own conclusions.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back