Peidmont "Minimums" - Have A Pulse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Steveair

For those of you interested... a UND alum got hired with sub 500 and 33 hours multi. If you wanna fly Dash 8's and have next to no time, call Peidmont!

Steveair

Although I sent my app to the people at Piedmont, because I wont have my diploma until August I wasnt qualified. This happend to 2 other people as well who were well beyond the minimums, and UND students. Do you know how many people they grabbed yesterday? 33 Multi is very low, and I would be willing to bet money that the applicants didnt have more than 10-30 hours actual IMC. Interesting but at least people are going places. I am not complaining about it one bit.

I'm not sure how many they took but I've heard of several people interviewing and I've not heard of anyone not taking it. I highly doubt any UND grad (if the only time they have is as a UND student), has much more than 5 hours actual. One person I know was told by Peidmont to spend 30 hrs in our sims here before he could start his class... Granted people are going places which is great but I really wonder about these low hour pilots and safety. Yes, people can be that good and be okay but lets face it, nothing can compare with quality flight time!

Nope... I'm happy where I am for now ~ I'm holding out for something better. I could probably easily get on with Eagle but I'm much happier making more now. Gotta save up before the pay cut associated w/ going to the regionals. Who knows... maybe things will change and it will be a raise in a couple of years!

Steve,

Dude, i before e except after c. Sorry couldn't resist.:rolleyes:

I just wanted to clarify for those who aren't "in the know" and are perusing this thread, those RIDICULOUSLY low hiring times are for UND folks ONLY (and maybe Purdue now). If you are not a UND pilot, you must have 1500 TT and 250 multi.

Now, it's their airline I guess, but those guys they are hiring are washing out of ground school and IOE so fast that they are in worse shape than before (that comes from pilots who are working there who are dealing with this mess). Basically, the captains are getting to fly the Dash SINGLE PILOT, which is pretty scary... None that I've talked to feels they are getting paid enough to have to deal with that situation.
I don't work there, but have friends who do. If you are UND and considering going this route, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't go into this thinking that you deserve it or are entitled to it, because that attitude is going to make it VERY difficult for you when you get on the line.

Why would the attitude of the UND'ers change now??? That was always the talk of all the captains I flew with 3 years ago ----- the attitude of entitlement of those from UND. The captains didnt like the attitudes of most of the UND pilots more than the fact that they had low time. I can't say, because I never flew with them, but it was so bad for a while that the training dept. pulled a lot of the new hires aside and told them to check their attitudes! This always amazed me, because you would think that a dude with 30 hours of multi would feel more humble???Another story is a guy from PDT back in 2000 that was hired with six, thats righ 6 hours multi. I was in recurrent when his instructor came in and asked my instructor for tips in helping, or dealing with this guy. Apparantly, he had NO CLUE!!! Why PDT hires these extremely inexperienced pilots has always been beyond me, but now it is probably all they can get, especially since these UND pilots are brainwashed into thinking they are getting a great job now.

Is that 6 hours multi pic, or 6 hours multi total? Can you even get a multi certificate with only 6 hours?

Speaking as a UND grad from '95, I think you always feel like you are the king of the world when you get out. I think that goes for ERAU or Purdue guys too. You feel that way right up to the moment you get into the sim, and then you feel like a schmuck for the next 6 months. Maybe it's different for these guys going from UND right into the -8. Everyone should be made to get some real world experience.

How are things at UND? I'm going back next year for an alumni event. Can't wait to go to bucks!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back