PDT's bid out, 20 furloughs & 18 down grades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NCFlyer

Bid posted today on company website. Effective 5/1/09.

Wonderful.

Wow only 20? That's great news compared to what many thought it was going to be. Is this the final word or will it change more this summer? 20 is a heck of a lot less then ANY other airline out there.

This bid reflects a reduction of Twelve (12) Captain positions and Twenty (20) First Officer positions.

This bid reflects a reduction of Twelve (12) Captain positions and Twenty (20) First Officer positions.

Hey Sig, I guess you get to hang onto that stripe for a few more months. Eh, I was getting tired of reserve anyway.

Hey Sig, I guess you get to hang onto that stripe for a few more months. Eh, I was getting tired of reserve anyway.

DAMN.

If I get displaced to LGA, I'll need a letter from the Chief to allow me to grow a beard. Shaving would be too dangerous.

This sucks for 20 furloughees much worse than "having" to "work" in "LGA." I rethought my post, and I'm leaving it untouched. It was an attempt at humor.

Last edited:
Noooo! No senior guys to LGA!

Totally sucks, for you guys. And for the guy that asked, there will be a lot more furloughs coming this Fall. Hey Buddy is even LESS enthusiastic about the other 7 planes than Navy boy is...

Latest resources

Back