Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT reduce fleet, furloughs in the future.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I remember correctly 906 got some "new" seats that you can adjust...908 on the other hand....well that planes a different story.

There was always one of those SOB's I always landed a lot worse than the rest. 908 or 911 rings a bell. I could never sit comfortably in that turd and the result was a further downgrade in my mediocre flying skills.

BTW... Pulled into HPN tonight and saw 931 on our ramp. It was so hard for me not to put our security stickers all over that pile it wasn't even funny. On a lighter note, it's now twice that I've gotten a reply to my chicken noises on ops when flying near SBY.

What a freakin' peach she is to this day, lemme tell you.

Sig,
She wasn't much of a bargain while I was there, either although it was in much better shape than 909. Do you happen to know how many cycles 906 has and it's total time ?

PHXFLYR:cool:

There was always one of those SOB's I always landed a lot worse than the rest. 908 or 911 rings a bell........

I wouldn't worry too much about getting consistently good landings . One of the senior SBY guys(since retired) would tell me when he saw me get ll p/o'ed after another less-than-flattering ..er...um.."arrival"...;:blush: "sometimes you land the dash 8 and sometimes the dash 8 lands you" Truer words were never spoken,at least when it came down to me and my severe lack of aeronautical prowness

If I remember correctly 906 got some "new" seats that you can adjust...908 on the other hand....well that planes a different story.

if they are the seats that are bolted at 90 degrees with 1/2 inch plywood seat bottoms they are from 2 of the allegheny planes that went back before the merger. people would complain and write them up and they would remove and swap them with seats from another dash then put the crappy seats back in another dash. then the cycle would start again, crews would write them up and so forth, as if we wouldn't notice the crappy seats showing up in another aircraft.

Last time I sat in thoes seats they were in EI-CHP and EI-CBJ. Before that it was 820 and 819.

Sig,
She wasn't much of a bargain while I was there, either although it was in much better shape than 909. Do you happen to know how many cycles 906 has and it's total time ?
IIRC it came out of heavy check a couple three months ago and it had 68000 cycles on it.

68,000 cycles ???? Wow.....!!! Pretty impressive. I guess the total time should be pretty close to that figure. They find anything out of the ordinary as far as the airframe and structure was concerned ?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back