Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT reduce fleet, furloughs in the future.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Chief Pilot visited my CQ class today

Which one? The actual Part 119 manpleaser on the certificate, or the manager?

and said that we were going to have "roughly" 20 furloughs in May (didn't give an exact number, but when I pressed him he said that I "should be" safe as #28).
You are safe through the summer.

It also sounded like he had little hope for the other 7 aircraft this fall and that we'd be looking at close to 90 total furloughs after returning them (he was estimating in the mid-80s).
Let me explain something, Shawn. They lie to us, you, me, anyone.

Our highest level (Mr. RunAground, the Shoe, the Inept Scumbag of Piedmont Airlines, the feller who allegedly banged an employee and a blast fax went out when she was fired) LIED on Ask Piedmont during the Syracuse debacle.

This imbecile is so inept, he can't even wrap his mutant neurons around the permanence of "interwebs" updates. He stepped on his own flaccid squid penis by unwittingly exposing the lies he told to all of us.

Point is, we're earning an honest living in a dishonest system. All of the puppets have this failed sailor's Dutch Rudder up their keister- and he's writing the script.

In crayon.

Plan for the very worst.

Did I say I believed anything he said about the outlook beyond May? Certainly not (although I'll agree that I have little/no hope about those other 7 planes, but that's based on my economic views and my opinion of LCC, not because of anything JohnnyB said).

My only concern today was the number of furloughs coming in May so that I can make plans accordingly (and even then I'm not going to believe it until hard numbers are released and the WARN letters go out). I only reported the rest of it because I figured that others on here might want to know what's being said.

Did I say I believed anything he said about the outlook beyond May?

No you did not. And you seem to have your ducks aligned, which is good.

The warn letters are on Shirl's desk now. They'll be out over the weekend.

They were (*&*($(#*ing printed on Monday.

Those 7 are gone. What happens when the RJ grievance goes down? I don't know. But I'm well up the list, and I'm personally preparing for furlough.

I'm a captain. I'm preparing for furlough.

I give it even odds within the following year.

If Piedmont was a ship, and the aforementioned squid was the Captain...

BUT I WASN'T ON THE BRIDGE!

Way to go, thailor.

I just have to add it!

If Piedmont was a Spruance Class Destroyer... and the managerial space of operation was Seal Beach...

Last edited:
Has that destroyer rumor ever been proven? It seems too outrageous to be true, but at the same time it just seems to fit too well to not be true.

god I hate that ***********************************. I wonder if he is gonna have the balls to say hi to the crew before he travels like he has always done.

When are you guys gonna realize he isnt a CEO? He's only a Director of Operations. He doesnt/can't make any decisions. Mainline dictates what to do and he does it. He has no control over these leases or furloughs.

This:

Doug: "Steve be ready to take over the west coast Dash flying if Mesa tanks"
Steve: "OK, we'll stay fat on pilots for a while to hit the ground running in PHX"

turns into this in the pilot grapvine:

Doug: "Steve we are going to have a PHX base"
Steve: "OK I'll hire all the pilots but keep it a secret. I'll keep everyone in the dark by publicly saying we are ready to take the PHX flying but havent made the decision yet"

We still have 805 yes, but 906 is the queen of the fleet and its still setting new records every day for most hours flown on a Dash 8.

You guys stiil have 906 ??? I did my F/O checkout in that airplane as a new hire in 1986. Holy cow... :eek:

PHXFLYR :cool:

Latest resources

Back