• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT hydraulic failure on t/o in CLT last night

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He'd probably send it back to his copy editor to fix all the grammatical errors. :D :D :D

The media makes the gear box spin the propellers?

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20001211X12029&key=1

Piedmont's safety record is still outstanding, but I'd be careful making such a claim when the NTSB records don't back it up. You know how reporters are...

:laugh: Nice....

Thanks for the laughs guys....

Yeah, I wrote that after slamming a few back with my crew last night. Hell I told them I'd just have one brew with them and they insisted I drink the fourth one they bought for me...... it would be rude not accepting a going away present!
:beer:

Guess I'll never be a "Jimmy Olson" with my convoluted, run on sentences! Can you imagine Spider man drunk trying to take pictures swinging from web to web?
:eek:
(now there would be a funny skit!)

Glad i got that editor "shakin" in his boots though.....
:nuts:

Boy, the Charlotte Disturber gives fast responses:

Dear Captain Zaahlie:

Thank you for your correction to our article about the terrifying incident on board of the US Airways aircraft in Charlotte. Please be assured that your timely correction will appear in next week's Sunday edition, or maybe the Sunday after... We don't really know; Our ombudsman who normally handles such things went looking for something called "LBFMs" in Thailand about 4 weeks ago and hasn't been seen since. If you know anything about that, please let us know.

We especially appreciate the time you took to carefully explain the functioning of the engines on the Dash 8 aircraft. While we actually understood none of it (turbine? gear box?) I am sure that our research staff will qoute from it liberally in our next "Terror in the Skies" segement. We really don't understand the whole propeller efficiency thing... Look, the only propeller we are familiar with is the one on the beanie on the mail room boy's head. We sure do love to spin that sucker.

Thank you once again for your interest in our paper. Included with this letter is a 10% off coupon to TGI Friday's as a token of our grattitude.

Sincerely,
The Charlotte Disturber Editorial Staff

Greetings Capt F,

Thanks for sharing their immediate response with me!

I think the next story might be "Terror in the Cole Slaw........."
:puke:

Now there would be an interesting "tell me about a time story"!

:laugh:

Greetings Capt F,

Thanks for sharing their immediate response with me!

I think the next story might be "Terror in the Cole Slaw........."
:puke:

Now there would be an interesting "tell me about a time story"!

:laugh:

Wow... I can't believe you remember that. Do not eat the slaw in Nantucket. Pain and humiliation begin there!

Wow... I can't believe you remember that. Do not eat the slaw in Nantucket. Pain and humiliation begin there!

Remember it?

How could I not remember telling the pax after engine shut down (for the second time) and you running into the terminal (for the second time~ but hey who's counting) that we couldn't leave the gate on time because you had a case of the sh!ts! That was one of the hardest things I had to do with a straight face as a Capt here!!!!:laugh:
That hot FA and I couldnt stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was it tucket or the vineyard?

LMAO... Yeah that was "awesome." I doubt the bathroom in HPN has been usable since. Utter destruction. Hey at least I made it inside!

It was one of those damn islands. I thought it was 'tucket but pain tends to dull the memory.

It just kept flowing... When does it end! Oh the humanity!

Made a great impression of T.A. lol.

I heard that story from her.:D

............I will go on record for stating that the aircraft that Piedmont operates has an outstanding safety record. .................................... To the best of my knowledge no one has been seriously hurt in any incident with this particular aircraft at this company. ..........

Well, a ramper did get killed in DCA by a Piedmont Dash 8.

Well, a ramper did get killed in DCA by a Piedmont Dash 8.

Ah yes I forgot about that tragedy, but if I remember correctly he walked and/or fell into the prop running to get chocks out of the way....... very sad. It's a little bit of a stretch on the airplane crash theme I was working. I commend you on thinking outside the box on that one though.

Can we please get back to the $hit stories?!?!

Latest resources

Back