PDT guy's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LearLove

"It is with great sadness and regret that we inform you of Richard A. Henson's passing Wednesday at his home in Salisbury at the age of 92. Mr. Henson was a pilot and the founder of Henson Airlines before it became Piedmont Airlines, as we know it today. Mr. Henson was well respected and loved around this company and will be sorely missed.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday, June 18 2002 at 2:00 p.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church in Salisbury. Friends may call from 7:00-9:00 p.m. Monday, June 17 at Holloway Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Richard A. Henson Memorial Fund of the Community Foundation Eastern Shore, P.O. Box 151, Salisbury, MD 21803."

My hartfelt wishes go out to his family, freinds and the PDT pilot group. The industry has lost a leader, he will be missed.

He was a really nice guy. He was a test pilot for Fairchild back in the olden days, and still had his own aircraft recently. He was always very nice to his employees when he met them, as he often came to special events at Piedmont.

I'm glad he won't be there to see what's going to happen to his company in the future. I wish all of you well.

Latest resources

Back