Pdt Cass?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Purdue Pilot,

Any pilot that is authorized to ride in the actual cockpit jumpseat must have their information validated at the time of check for the flight they wish to jumpseat on. Most airlines have some form of computer system which can verify employment etc. for anyone in that system. UAL can verify info for UAL and their express carriers, but not for AA, within their own computer system. CASS is an independent database which verifies employment for any company participating in the database. It apparently costs a bit of money to join which is why some companies may not be too eager to sign up. Also the TSA was dragging their feet to get it all approved, which just happened officially this summer some time. Most of the majors participated in a test phase and are CASS approved now. Some regionals are as well. Hope this helps.

I hate to keep beating this topic to death, but whats going on with pdt, airways and CASS?? I'm looking at oversold flights going home and if the jumpseat was an option that would make life better

PDT update

skychicken said:
I hate to keep beating this topic to death, but whats going on with pdt, airways and CASS?? I'm looking at oversold flights going home and if the jumpseat was an option that would make life better

They have new JS Coordinator and he is working on it.

When US Airways turned on their CASS system on Nov 17th PSA were not included. We are waiting on our IT department to put together the computer system with the database of our pilots and hook it up to the cass system. Then it has to be submitted to our POI for approval.

My guess is that PDT are experiencing similar delays. Talk to your J/S coordinator.

Yeah nice of them to get it done in time for the holiday travel season :angryfire . Thanks guys for making my commute that much more fun.

yeah. was at NWA yesterday and they were laughing at airways since when NWA did it they had everything in place for XJ and 9E so they all did it together. At least we are closer to having it though

Latest resources

Back