• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. pack valves

2. Bleeds close

3. 300 pack switches have an off position

4. hmm don't know the book answer... I'm guessing they want 12 O'clock position in the 200 and norm in the 300... they both do fine at max.

5.no

6. you cannot... Ptu uses number 1 system pressure to move number 2 system fluid. With no fluid on the number 2 side that won't work.

7. 200 kias

How can the ACM on the Dash-8-311 be shut down without shutting off the engine bleed air source. I'm assuming the Nacelle Shutoff Valve.
By turning off the pack with the respective pack switch (off-man-auto switch).
When operating the Dash-8-201/311 APU bleed air on the ground, what position must the MIN/MAX selector be in?
201 - twelve o'clock position or max if needed.
311 - norm or max if needed.

Last edited:
lear24 said:
How can the ACM on the Dash-8-311 be shut down without shutting off the engine bleed air source. I'm assuming the Nacelle Shutoff Valve.
By turning off the pack with the respective pack switch (off-man-auto switch).

When operating the Dash-8-201/311 APU bleed air on the ground, what position must the MIN/MAX selector be in?
201 - twelve o'clock position or max if needed.

311 - norm or max if needed.

Trust me... You need the flow selector at max. What a silly question!

As far as the pack OFF-MAN-AUTO switches... They are connected to each Bleed Pressure Regulator and Shut Off Valve that is downstream of the nacelle SOV. That allows both bleeds to feed the other pack.

LowlyPropCapt said:
Trust me... You need the flow selector at max. What a silly question!

Actually, we said the same thing, just differently. We all know what needs to be done to survive a hot day.

You dont want to leave the packs in Man as they will freez up after a little while. leave them in auto. Sometimes you can throw them in man. for a short time and it seems to help.

Derived Values are what we add to the ceiling and visibility requrements for listing an alternate.

For Airports with one NAV Facility (I.E. ILS only) - Straght in or circling apporach:

Add 400 Ft to HAA or HAT and 1 AM to visibility minimum

For Airports with two nav facilities (I.E. ILS and VOR) - Straight in approaches to different suitable runways:

add 200ft to the Higher HAT and 1/2 SM to the Higher Visbility minimum.

DCA is an example of an airport where although it has two different approaches to different suitible runways it is still better to add the 400 and 1 to the ILS because adding 200 and 1/2 to the higher of the two results in a higher min.

okay, so they are specified numbers... i wasn't sure if it was different depending on what airport.

thanks

Latest resources

Back