• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT and ALG?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The reason the WO's might get the first jets, (1) MDA isn't up and close to running yet. US Airways needed RJ's like yesterday!! (2) Piedmont (and ALG/PSA if Combined) has a AQP program which takes years for the FAA to approve. So that alone will save tons in training cost. Plus, once the first RJ's hit the about 90 days they can be flying them.
But I won't believe it till I see it. This is gonna be an interesting 3-10 Months at USAirways.

Here's what I know. LOA 83 dealt with the placing of up to 20 70 seaters at each wholly owned. However, they wanted to be staffed completly by furlughed US Airways. All three WO MEC's said no way, except if they payed the guys and gals in the 50 seaters 70 seater wages. The mainline refused. If any 70 seaters go to affiliate carriers, 50 percent of the seats are staffed by furlughed mainliners, the other by affiliate personel. So, you can see the problem the MEC's had with this. AWhy not 50/50 at the WO's then like the affiliate carriers.

As far as PSA goes, we have a staff rate of 3.8 crews per airplane. PSA needs 37 aircraft to keep everyone in their current postion (DO-Capt='s CRJ-Capt etc etc). Anymore than that, requires us to hire since they are staffing the jet at 5 crews per aircraft.
Negotiations are still activily ongoing at both Bombardier and Embrear (SP). They expect a a decision by mid april and which point they will release the actual numbers of what goes where.

I've been in contact with both ALG and PDT's MEC's. They are hearing the same thing as we have here at PSA.

I just got an application package from PSA in the mail today. How does that fit in? I sent them a resume about 6 months ago...They must be anticipating something.

When are the WO's going to get their fleet plan with the projected assignings of the RJ's and and plans for the current aircraft they are flying?

Most likely later this month, My best guess. According to my sources and other co info thyey are still in talks with manufactures. Just sit tight you'll know as soon as we know.

Latest resources

Back