PDT and ALG work rules?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cheezpilot

Just curious. Somewhere on this board I read that the work rules at ALG and PDT still have not been met with the new contracts of Comair, ACA, and Air Wisc. I was wondering what these work rules are?

there are tons of them please be more specific. I dont want to type the whole contract on here

ALG

Here are some work rules at ALG, If they could take you down to 1 day off a month they would. Then you would be Jr manned out of that one even though your close to the top of the sen.list !!ASA and Comair I think they fly RJs. What are they??? If mainline pilots could scope the amount of times I got laid per week they would!! If you have the chance to go to ASA or Comair by all means GO!!!! this place SUX!!

I used to work at PDT, and at the time they had the best regional contract in the industry. They had a real min day and real rigs back in the early 90's, which Comair still doesn't have. They were the best paid regional pilots too, but I'm not sure if they still are. They also don't have high-speed trips, and many other things that are allowed at Comair. I'm not sure if things have changed that much, but I think PDT's contract is still superior in some ways. Of course, I don't think their future is too bright, and contract problems at mainline are a big part of the problem.

The moral? Get a great contract, go out of business. Be careful what you ask for.

for FR8mastr

What are the rigs at ALG? What is third year CA pay in the dash? What is first year FO pay in the dash? What is uprgrade time? Do you have a specific requirement to upgrade (like Skywest requires 1000hrs of time at the company and I think Comair requires 3000tt,dont quote me on that)? What are minimum days off? Line guarantees? Max amount line can be built too? I'll just ask these to start. Thanks

Cheez, ALG INFO... 1st year FO pay 24.55 per hour . 3rd year capt. pay 46.16. Upgrade time was running 2 to 2.5 years prior to the current fiasco. The only requirements to Upgrade that I know of is your ATP written and poss. 1000 hours, but I am not sure on that. Min. days off is 10. 75 hour guarantee. I dont know if there is a max time for flying but if you start getting up to 100 in a month scheduling will put the cabash on you so you don't go over. When times were good 90 hours in a month was the usual thing now the lines are around 80 to 85 for line holders. The min pay day is 4 hours for lineholders 3.5 for buildup holders and 2.75 for reserve guys. 75 hours for the month still applies

FR8mastr

"ALG INFO... 1st year FO pay 24.55 per hour . 3rd year capt. pay 46.16. Upgrade time was running 2 to 2.5 years prior to the current fiasco. The only requirements to Upgrade that I know of is your ATP written and poss. 1000 hours, but I am not sure on that. Min. days off is 10. 75 hour guarantee. I dont know if there is a max time for flying but if you start getting up to 100 in a month scheduling will put the cabash on you so you don't go over. When times were good 90 hours in a month was the usual thing now the lines are around 80 to 85 for line holders. The min pay day is 4 hours for lineholders 3.5 for buildup holders and 2.75 for reserve guys. 75 hours for the month still applies......."

Just wondering if you have 75 hour/month over the daily guarantee or if I were a line holder and had 10 days off would I be payed 80 hrs in a 30 day month and 84 in a 31 day month. Do the reserve guys have a 55hr a month guarantee or 75? Do you have a trip or duty time rig also, or is it just the daily and monthly? Is it a daily look back situation or monthly? Also, 100 hours is the max for 121 so that is why they stop you. Thanks for the initial info.

I have no clue what your question is. all pilots get 75 hour min monthy pay. That means no matter what you will be paid 75 hours. If it works out because of assignments and such you end up with 75 hours with 3 days left in the month, those last 3 days were reserve and you have a reserve line. and you did not work your pay for the month would be 83.25 hours. 3 days of reserve pay 2.75 hours each. It does not matter what you have done previously. No rigs. I just figured out your question, the answer is no you do not get more $ for more days in the month. If you did not work the whole month you would get 75 hours pay. Another thing is we have premium pay for any day over 12.5 hours plus many ways to make premium pay for extensions and such so getting paid 95 hours in a month would usually but not always mean actually flying around 85 hours. This is very general description but an average bottom line

Last edited:
Thanks, I was wondering if we missed something in our contract but it sounds like we have the same stuff. However, wer have a duty and trip time rig also, more days off, time and a half for working on your days off, and a little better turboprop CA pay. Your FO pay is very good for starting. It is the same as our CRJ FO pay for starting.

Latest resources

Back